Access to the Penn LibrariesPenn faculty, staff, and students need to show or swipe their PennCard to enter many of the Penn Libraries. It is important to carry your PennCard because you will need to show it when you borrow books, use reserve materials, use the Library's computer labs, etc.
Access policies vary by library and may change during reading and exam periods. Changes in access for a particular library may be due to seating limitations, reduced staffing levels, or reasons of security and safety.
Visitors may enter many of Penn's Libraries on weekdays without making prior arrangements. Presentation of a current, valid government or school-issued photo I.D. that contains an expiration date is required. Access is restricted on the weekends and holidays. For more information, please see Visitor Information.
- Annenberg School for Communication Library
- Biddle Law Library
- Biomedical Library
- Chemistry Library
- Dental Medicine Library
- Fine Arts Library
- Kislak Center
- LIBRA - Penn Libraries Research Annex
- Library at the Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies
- Lippincott Library @ Wharton
- Math/Physics/Astronomy Library
- Museum Library
- Music Library
- Pennsylvania Hospital Medical Library
- Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center
- Goldstein Undergraduate Study Center
- Veterinary Medicine Library