The Advanced Search Tab provides both a Guided Search and a Boolean Customized search box, as well as a Publication Date range search.
Guided Search mode:
- Enter a single term, multiple terms, or a phrase in the first search box.
- The adjacent drop-down menu allows you to search for all of the terms, any of the terms, or as a
- Use the drop-down menu to the right to limit your search to a specific field. See Field searching.
- Add additional terms and fields using the Boolean operators between the search rows.
- Add even more rows using the "Add a row" () feature.
Boolean Custom Search box:
- When a user types into the fielded search boxes and selects options from the adjacent pull-down menus, the command line equivalent appears in the Boolean Custom Search box above.
- To compose and edit directly in the custom box, click on the Let me customize this search checkbox.
- When constructing or editing a search using the Boolean Custom Search box you may use:
- Boolean operators AND OR NOT
(these must be capitalized in the Advanced search)
- parentheses to nest search terms
- quotation marks to search phrases
- After editing the search in the custom box, return to the guided search by unchecking the Let me customize this
Last update: Wednesday, 25-Jun-2014 09:48:53 EDT