Searching Franklin Articles+
Basic Search: Field Searching
While many metadata fields in Articles+ records can be searched using the Advanced search, narrower field searches can be done using the basic search box too.
The search syntax follows this format: field:(query).
- author:(hornberger) finds records that contain that value in the Author field.
- publicationtitle("social forces") finds records for articles that appear in the journal Social Forces
The following fields can be searched in the basic search box and they can be combined with other search terms:
- CorporateAuthor (written as one word)
- DocumentTitleAlternate (written as one word)
- PublicationTitle (written as one word)
- SubjectTerms (written as one word)
- DissertationAdvisor (written as one word)
- DissertationSchool (written as one word)
- PatentNumber (written as one word)
- PublicationSeriesTitle (written as one word)
- TemporalSubjectTerms (written as one word)
- StartPage (written as one word)