- Type a single keyword or multiple words in the search box.
- If two or more words are entered into the search box, the words will be joined with AND during the search.
online learning searches online AND learning
- AND, OR, NOT may be used in the simple Articles+ search box, but they MUST be in capitals
subway AND railway
teenagers OR adolescents OR youth
- In a search statement with AND, OR, or NOT, Articles+ processes these operators sequentially, from left to right, as the operators appear in the query. If a query contains parentheses, operators within parentheses are processed first.
- To exclude items in an Articles+ search, use the NOT operator or minus sign (-) character before a term (no space between minus sign and term)
science NOT "science fiction"
science -"science fiction"
- At the start of your Articles+ search, you can apply pre-limits to your search results.
Scholarly & peer-review only
Full text only
Search beyond the Penn collection
- After completing your search, you will see additional limits on the left of the results screen.
Refine your Search: full-text, Scholarly & Peer-reviewed
Scholarly & Peer-reviewed
Phrase and Proximity
- Enter phrases within quotation marks " "
- An asterisk (*) will match zero or more characters within a word or at the end of a word.
col*r will find: color, colour
participa* will find: participate, participates, participation, participating
- A question mark (?) will match any one character.
organi?ation will find organization or organisation.
For more detailed information about content and search features in Articles+, see
the Guide Franklin Discovery: Articles+