Franklin Catalog Help
What is in the Franklin Catalog:
- Records for all types of library materials, including books, journal titles, microformats, conferences, musical
scores, sound records, videos, manuscripts, datafiles, and more.
- Library materials that have been ordered, but not yet received .
- Library materials that have been received, but not yet cataloged.
- Newly cataloged materials that are not yet shelved in the stacks,
What is not in the Franklin Catalog:
- Articles in journals, magazines, and newspapers. For article-level indexing and some full-text use Databases and Article Indexes.
- Individual chapters, essays, and papers within edited works, collections of essays, and conference proceedings. Some of these may be found in Articles+
Some types of materials are only partially included in Franklin :
- Older serials that have ceased publication.
- Copies and volumes of materials cataloged before 1979.<.li>
- Government documents in microform (US, UN, UK, etc.).
- Research collections in microform.
- Materials in non-Roman alphabets.
- Sheet maps
- Technical reports and working papers.
- Manuscript materials and rare books (Consult Rare Book & Manuscript Library, 6th floor, Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center).
We continue to add and update catalog records to the Franklin Catalog as time allows for these older materials.