Franklin Content - What's in Franklin
What is in Franklin:
- Records for all types of library materials, including books, journal titles, microformats, conferences, musical
scores, sound records, manuscripts, datafiles, and more.
- Library materials that have been received and await cataloging.
- Newly cataloged materials that are not yet shelved in the stacks.
- Although all newly cataloged books appear in Franklin immediately, NewBooks+ is an easy way to search most recent additions.
What is not in Franklin:
- Articles in journals, magazines, and newspapers. For article-level indexing and some full-text use Databases and Article Indexes.
- Individual chapters, essays, and papers within edited works, collections of essays, and conference proceedings.
Some types of materials are only partially included in Franklin :
- Older serials that have ceased publication.
- Government documents in microform (US, UN, UK, etc.).
- Materials in non-Roman alphabets.
- Some research collections in microform.
- Sheet maps
- Technical reports and working papers.
- Manuscript materials and rare books (Consult Rare Book & Manuscript Library, 6th floor, Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center).
We continue to add catalog records to Franklin for the following older materials:
- Serials that have ceased publication.
- Materials in the Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Analytic entries for pre-1968 monographic series and sets.
- Uncataloged map
holdings at LIBRA and at the South Asia Seminar Room.
- Multiple copies and volumes of materials cataloged before 1979.
- Upgrades for brief records.