Franklin Catalog Help
Franklin Catalog contains:
- Penn - Searchable, descriptive records for books, ebooks, journals by journal title, videos (both DVDs and streaming), sound recordings, subscription databases, manuscripts, datafiles, and other resources owned and/or subscribed to by the Penn Libraries. The catalog includes materials that have been order or received, but not yet cataloged.
- HathiTrust public domain records.
Franklin Catalog does not contain:
- Individual articles in journals, magazines, and newspapers. Use Franklin Articles+.
- Individual chapters, essays, and papers within edited works, collections of essays, and conference proceedings. Use Franklin Articles+
Partially included in Franklin Catalog:
- Older serials that have ceased publication.
- Copies and volumes of materials cataloged before 1979.
- Government documents in microform (US, UN, UK, etc.).
- Research collections in microform.
- Materials in non-Roman alphabets.
- Sheet maps
- Technical reports and working papers.
- Manuscript materials and rare books. See Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books, and Manuscripts, 6th floor, Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Cente).
We continue to add and update catalog records for these older materials as time allows.