Franklin Catalog Help
- Limiting by language
- Prior to a search, click on the language limit on the left of the Franklin Catalog screen to see a list of languages with the number of items held in each language.
- Following a search, click on a specific language within the language limit in order to refine the results of a search by language.
- Truncation: may be applied to non-roman character-based languages, such as Cyrillic. Truncation may not be applied to logographic languages, such as Chinese, for which each glyph is treated as a separate word.
- Advanced Search
- Choose language from and in field pull-down menu and search on language name
- Searching in non-Roman scripts
- Diacritics: Searches executed with and without diacritics should produce the same results.
- Digraphs: can be searches as two characters. For Example, loeillet matches on lœillet