How Searching Works
The default sort for all searches in Franklin is relevance rank. Numerous factors affect the relevance sort:
- Uniqueness of a search term or phrase in all of Franklin.
- Proximity of search terms to each other within a record.
- Number of times a search term occurs anywhere in a record.
- If a record is smaller and the term appears, it gets a higher score.
- A weighting formula that favors the appearance of words and phrases in key fields in this order: author, title, subject.
- Specification of a field increases the weight value given to that word in that field.
Last update: Tuesday, 22-Oct-2013 13:40:52 EDT