Judaica Rare Book and Manuscript Collections
The Rare Book Collection contains:
- About 8,000 printed books with particular strength in Jewish law and liturgy.
- 32 incunabula (17 Hebrew and 15 Latin).
The Manuscript Collection contains:
- Approximately 450 codices, primarily in Hebrew, Arabic, Samaritan, and Persian.
- Approximately 550 Cairo Genizah fragments.
- Archives: The personal papers collections of Jewish American communal leaders who lived in Philadelphia during the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, such as Isaac Leeser, Sabato Morais, Mayer Sulzberger, Moses Aaron Dropsie, and Cyrus Adler.
- The institutional archives of Dropsie College and various personal papers of its faculty. There are two significant collections of Yiddish archives: the papers of B. Z. Goldberg and Elias Schulman.
Last updated: Wednesday, 01-Aug-2007 10:13:53 EDT | Send email concerning this page to: firstname.lastname@example.org