Henry Charles Lea Papers: H. C. Lea Library Correspondence, History, Inventories, and
HENRY CHARLES LEA LIBRARY CORRESPONDENCE.
Box 23, Folders 1375-1416: Henry C. Lea Library Correspondence,
1913-1947 (Arthur H. Lea, Nina Lea, University of Pennsylvania)
HENRY CHARLES LEA LIBRARY HISTORY, INVENTORIES AND
Box 25: Library catalogue in H. C. Lea's hand, arranged
alphabetically, "Catalogue H. C. L. 1849" on title page. Bound.
- Folder 1417: Excerpt from the will of Henry C. Lea, bequest to the
University of Pennsylvania.
- Folder 1418: Plans for Henry Charles Lea Memorial Library. Furness,
Evans & Co., architects, 1918. [These are photographs of the drawings, mounted on
- Folder 1419: Lea Library. Floor plan. Early drawing, n.d.
- Folder 1420: Meeting re: plans and bids for Lea Library, 19 October
- Folder 1421: Agreement between Nina Lea, Arthur H. Lea, Caroline
Tyler Lea and the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania, draft, December 1923.
- Folder 1422: Report of librarian, Asa Don Dickinson to J. H. Penniman,
Provost of the University of Pennsylvania, September 30, 1924.
- Folders 1423-1429: Opening and dedication of the Henry Charles Lea
Library and Reading Room, May 28, 1925, including addresses delivered by Hampton L.
Carson, George L. Burr and Dana Carleton Munro.
- Folder 1430: Handbook of the Library of the University of Pennsylvania.
Asa Don Dickinson, 1927.
- Folder 1431: Lea Library Funds, January 1928.
- Folder 1432: re: estate of Nina Lea, 1928.
- Folder 1433: Cheyney, Edward P. "The Henry C. Lea Library,"
Library Chronicle, Vol. 1, No. 1, March 1933.
- Folder 1434: Cheyney, Edward P. "The Henry C. Lea Library,"
Pennsylvania Gazette 33, No. 9, February 1, 1935.
- Folder 1435: Lea, Arthur H. Excerpts from will, 1938.
- Folder 1436: Howland, Arthur C. "Report of curator of the Lea Library,"
- Folder 1437: Clapp, C. B. "Report on cataloguing," 1947.
- Folder 1438: Hartwell, Edith. "Chronological history of donation of Lea
Library and maintenance funds," 1947.
- Folder 1439: Howland, Arthur C. Memoir of association with Lea
- Folder 1440: Lea Library bookplates.
- Folders 1441-1445: Lea Library inventories, 1911, n.d.
- Folder 1446: Lea Library arrangement of books, n.d.
- Folder 1447: Lea Library items transferred to the Library Company of
- Folder 1448: Henry Charles Lea. Biography and inventory, ca. 1931.
- Folder 1449: Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania, Vault receipt
for items stored during World War II, February 1942.
- Folder 1450: Lea Library inventory. Transcripts from European
archives, ca. 1942.
- Folder 1451: Lea Library inventory. 1956.
- Folders 1452-1454: Lea Library inventory. 1960s.
- Folders 1455-1457: Miscellaneous, n.d.
- Folder 1458: Notes and inventory of manuscript copies of archival
Box 26: Library catalogue in H. C. Lea's hand, arranged
alphabetically, n.d. [entries include publication dates ca. 1906]. Bound.
Box 27: Standard accession book, for Henry Charles Lea's Library.
Dates from April 23, 1931-April 14, 1932.
Box 28: Catalogue of Printed Books, Bibliotheca Historiae Pontificalis.
List of books purchased for the Lea Library from B. H. Blackwell in February 1964.
Last update: Friday, 31-Jan-2003 20:47:42 EST
Send mail concerning this page to: email@example.com