Henry Charles Lea Papers: Writings - Scientific Work
- Folder 2277: Conchological and scientific memoranda, n.d.
- Folder 2278: "List of shells," July 1842.
- Folder 2279: "List of shells sent to Mrs. Dunlap."
- Folder 2280: Diary entries re: coal mining, ca. 1842, 1 item, 3
- Folder 2281: Description of eight species of marine shells.
- Folder 2282: Geology
- Folders 2283-2288: "A Description of Some New Fossil Shells
from the Tertiary of Petersburg, Va.," drafts and abstracts of paper read before the
American Philosophical Society, May 29, 1843.
- Folders 2289-2292: Synopsis of the Family Naiades, by
Isaac Lea. Henry Charles Lea assisted with drawing illustrations for the second edition
of Isaac Lea's book, published in 1838. 3 Notebooks in Isaac Lea's hand and page proofs.
See Box 201 for illustrations and page proofs of engravings.
Box 175: American Philosophical Society. Celebration of the
Hundredth Anniversary, Vol. 3, No. 27. May 25, 1843. Proceedings include H. C. Lea's
"Some New Fossil Shells from the Tertiary of Virginia. Bound copy, one cover missing.
Last update: Friday, 31-Jan-2003 20:47:42 EST
Send mail concerning this page to: email@example.com