Henry Charles Lea Papers: Memorabilia and Family Papers
HCL Biography, Obituary, Memorials
Box 182: Scrapbook, unbound. Clippings, obituary and tributes to
Henry Charles Lea.
- Folders 2371-2378: HCL biographies, including HCL's notes for
his own biographies in publications such as the National Cyclopedia of
- Folder 2379: Revues des Questions Historiques.
October 1, 1909.
- Folder 2380: List of honorary pallbearers for HCL's funeral,
- Folder 2381: Lea, Arthur H. and Caroline. List of sympathy
- Folder 2382: Preliminary memoir of HCL. Mailing list.
- Folder 2383: "Henry Charles Lea," tribute by J. G. Rosengarten
to the editor of The Nation, October 24, 1909. 2 copies.
- Folder 2384: Balzani, Ugo. Announcement of the death of HCL,
- Folder 2385: Haskins, Charles Homer, "Tribute to Henry Charles
Lea," Massachusetts Historical Society. December 1909.
- Folder 2386: Reinach, Salomon. Tributes to HCL, 1910.
- Folder 2387: Battaini, Domenico. Enrico Carlo Lea. 1910.
- Folder 2388: Tribute in American Historical Review,
- Folder 2389: "Henry Charles Lea," in Cultura Moderna,
- Folder 2390: McGrath, Owen A. "Dr. Lea as a Historian," in
Outlook, January [1910 or 1911].
- Folder 2391: "A Great Historical Writer, Henry Charles Lea," in
Het Volksbelang. February 5, 1910.
- Folder 2392: "Henry Charles Lea," in Revue d'Histoire des
Religions by Paul Alphandery, January-February 1910.
- Folder 2393: "Henry Charles Lea," in Kolnische
- Folder 2394: "Benefactors of the University, H. C. Lea 1825-1909,
in Old Penn, May 14, 1910.
- Folders 2395-2403: Memorial meeting in honor of Henry
Charles Lea held at the American Philosophical Society, January 20, 1911.
- Folder 2404: Remarks on HCL by William U. Sloane for the
American Academy of Arts and Letters, 1912.
- Folder 2405: "Henry C. Lea" in Gooch's History and
Historians of the Nineteenth Century. 1913.
- Folders 2406-2407: Dedication of the Henry Charles Lea Public
School, May 31, 1917. Address by William E. Lingelbach before the Home and School
association of the Henry C. Lea school, March 15, 1915.
- Folder 2408: "Henry Charles Lea, Scholar, Historian, and
Philadelphian." Philadelphia Forum Magazine, 1928.
- Folders 2409-2411: HCL Bibliography.
Box 183: Scrapbook, unbound. "Newspaper tributes to the memory
of Henry Charles Lea.
Box 184, Folders 2412-2417: Clippings, obituary and memorials,
Lea Family Memorabilia
Box 185, Folders 2418-2420: R. M. Hobart to Katharine Christine Lea
(granddaughter of Henry C. Lea). Family letters written from Woodstock (N.Y.?)
illustrated with the cartoons, satirical drawings and stories from R. M. Hobart.
Box 186: Associate Society of Women of the Genealogical Society of
Pennsylvania. Memorial minute on the death of Nina Lea, August 26, 1927. Engrossed.
Signed by Charles Penrose Keith (1854-1939) president, officers, and members of the
associate committee of women. See Wharton, Anne Hollingsworth, 1845-1928, in
correspondence files for letter to Arthur H. Lea.
Box 187: Construction accounts of the Devon property of Charles
M. Lea, esq. 1911-ca. 1917. Bound ledger book.
Box 188: Building agreements and specifications for the Devon
residence of Charles M. Lea, esq. 1913. Contracts, bound.
Memorabilia. Artifacts and Scrapbooks.
Box 189: Membership card, Congres d'Historie Diplomatique.
September 1898. Medal from the Congres International d'Histoire, Paris, 1900.
Memorial Medal of Guido Levi, dated 15 August 1893 from the R. Societa Romana di Storia Patria, Sculptor, Speranza.
Box 190: "Moulages de sceaux." Copies of medieval seals in red clay,
glazed. From the Societe des amis des Archives de France, Paris. Receipt dated 17
September 1962. 26 items, fragile, packed in wooden box. With black and white film
negatives of the items.
Box 191: Memorabilia. Covers in which Lea stored his notes and
Box 192: HCL Scrapbook. Bound. Newspaper clippings, 1857-1865.
Last update: Friday, 31-Jan-2003 20:47:42 EST
Send mail concerning this page to: firstname.lastname@example.org