Events and Workshops
Gateway Testing Calendar
Education Commons Events
How to find us
Contact the Education Commons Librarian
The Penn Libraries' Education Commons supports teaching and collaborative learning, and welcomes all current Penn students, faculty and staff. Just remember to bring your PennCard along.
Here's what you'll find in our space:
- 4 cushy bean bag chairs
- Open booth and small table seating
- Group study rooms that you can reserve onine
- A 24-seat seminar room
- Large-screen PCs loaded with GIS, math/statistics, design/publishing, web development and media software with connections for personal laptops
- Macbook Pro laptops for use in the Commons
- Black & white and color printers and a scanner
- Two Mediascape collaboration tables
- E-Beam interactive whiteboards
- Library reference services at the front desk
The Education Commons hosts regular tutoring groups, like Physics and Math Tutoring, The Tutoring Center, and Athlete Study Hall. Reserve a study room for your group, or click on the Events tab for tutoring group details.
Getting to the Education Commons
We're located in the George A. Weiss Pavilion in Franklin Field, which you can access from 33rd Street between Walnut and Spruce. The entrance is through the Fox Fitness Center. Just take the stairs or elevator to the third floor and enter through the glass doors. Check the video below for a quick walking guide from Van Pelt to the Education Commons.