Events and Workshops
How to find us
Contact the Education Commons Librarian
Welcome to the Education Commons
This new state-of-the art study and information space is part of the libraries and supports teaching and collaborative learning. All current Penn students, faculty and staff can use the Education Commons. Just remember to bring your PennCard for access.
Here's what you'll find in our space:
- 4 cushy bean bag chairs
- Open booth and small table seating
- Quiet group study rooms that you can reserve
- A 24-seat seminar room
- Large plasma screen PCs loaded with GIS, math/statistics, design/publishing, web development and media software
- Equipment to hook up your laptop to the study room computers
- Macbook Pros for use in the Commons
- Black & white and color printers as well as a scanner
- E-Beam interactive whiteboards
- Reference services at the front desk (we're a library!) or by using virtual reference, which you can access by clicking on the chat icon in the upper right corner of this page
The Education Commons is also home to regular tutoring groups, like Physics and Math Tutoring, The Tutoring Center, and Athlete Study Hall. Reserve a study room for your group, or click on the Events tab to see our list of tutoring groups and times.
Getting to the Education Commons
We're located in the George A. Weiss Pavilion in Franklin Field, which you can access from 33rd Street between Walnut and Spruce. The entrance is through the Fox Fitness Center. Just take the stairs or elevator to the third floor and enter through the glass doors.