- Title: We Lost
- Artist: Tony Smith (1912-1981)
- Location: Unknown. Previously at Blanche Levy Park, near 36th Street
- Installed: November 1966-January 1967
- Total cost: $55,000, including acquisition and installation
- painted steel
- dimensions: 10'3" x 10'3" x 10'3"
- Edition: one of three examples
- Smith said, "The piece exists here for the first time in three
dimensions, although there have been enough coffee tables on this model.
For me the scheme evolved from a series of projects done after FREE RIDE.
It seemed too obvious to execute, even if I could have done so at the
time. After abandoning COSA NOSTRA, however, I felt that it was worth
doing on a larger scale."
- -catalog of the ICA and the Wadsworth Atheneum of Hartford for their joint show Tony Smith Two Exhibitions of Sculpture, 1966
- Criticism/Press Coverage:
- Article in the Daily Pennsylvanian, December
Last update: 22-Jan-97
Send mail concerning
this page to: David Toccafondi /