PennCards and Visitor PennCash Cards
The PennCash system is used in all campus libraries (except the Center for Judaic Studies Library) for photocopying Penn faculty, staff, and students may use their PennCards as PennCash. Non-Penn patrons, and Penn patrons if they prefer, may purchase a special Visitor PennCash Card to which they may add cash value. The cost of a Visitor Card is $1.00 with no value on it.
PennCash Value Adding Stations
Library patrons may add value to their PennCard or Visitor PennCash Card accounts at the numerous PennCash Value Transfer Stations on campus. Library locations include:
- Van Pelt Library (Ground, 1st, 3rd and 4th floor copy areas)
- Biddle Law Library
- Biomedical Library (two locations)
- Chemistry Library
- Dental School Library
- Fine Arts Library
- Math/Physics/Astronomy Library
- Museum Library
- Veterinary Medicine Library
- PennCard ID Center
- Hill House
- Harrison House
- Quadrangle - McClelland Hall
- SH/DH Building Lounge
Value may also be added online using a credit card.
The cost of photocopying when using the PennCash system is .08 cents per page including sales tax. All libraries (except the CJS library) also have some coin operated copy machines; the cost per page is .10 cents including sales tax.
Questions and Problems
Problems with PennCash Cards should be referred to the PennCard Center at the Penn Bookstore, 3601 Walnut Street, Second floor, Telephone: 417-CARD. Please direct any questions about PennCash in the libraries to:
- Suzanne Matarese at firstname.lastname@example.org, (215) 898-7567
- Royce Kaplan in the Biomedical Library at email@example.com, (215) 898-4223