FacultyEXPRESS Library Service AssistantNO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Under the direction of the FacultyEXPRESS Coordinator, the LSA will be responsible for the acquisition and delivery of materials to faculty administrative offices, and the scanning and web delivery of journal articles and book excerpts within established service parameters. Staff in this unit also supports the library's Books by Mail service. Qualifications for this position include a strong service orientation and demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues and the public, good communication skills, the ability to work independently, and familiarity with library operations and automated library systems. Voyager circulation, the ILLiad interlibrary loan processing system, and the Odyssey document transmission system are among the software tools used by staff in the Unit.
Close working relationships are required between the LSA and other library units, especially Circulation, Interlibrary Loan, and Departmental Libraries. Attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, schedule, and supervise student assistants assigned to the FacultyEXPRESS and Books By Mail services.
- Oversee daily workflow related to acquisition of Penn Libraries material, delivery to offices, scanning, and web posting of articles. Delivery to patrons will be within the established standards established for the service.
- Responsible for timely, accurate updating of Franklin and ILLiad to manage and track document delivery requests.
- Provide quality service to customers, including troubleshooting and resolving service and delivery issues by telephone, e-mail, and in-person.
- Assist the Coordinator in data gathering and service assessment.
- Print request pick-slips daily, and organize them for retrieval from the library collections.
- Assign students to retrieve materials
- Charge out items in Franklin
- Organize material for delivery to offices
- Deliver material to academic department offices
- Scan journal articles and book excerpts
- Post to web for patron retrieval using ILLiad's Odyssey software
- Update and maintain request records on ILLiad
- Transmit requests to Interlibrary Loan that cannot be filled from Penn collections.
- Coordinate the integration of material acquired by ILL into FacultyEXPRESS.
A High School Diploma or GED is required and 0 to 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong service orientation and demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues and the public. Familiarity with library operations and automated library systems. Good communication skills, good judgment and the ability to work independently. Attention to detail and dependability.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is set by AFSCME Local 590 Collective Bargaining Agreement, and includes a generous benefits package, additional information available at http://www.hr.upenn.edu/jobs/benefits.asp
Potential candidates are invited to submit a letter of application that addresses the needs and qualifications of the position, along with their resume, as well as complete an on-line employment application at http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=198401
Alternatively, you may search by reference #130935538 at http://www.hr.upenn.edu/jobs.
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.