At the Museum
From the Museum Library
Piedras Negras Archaeology, 1931-1939
By John M. Weeks, Jane A. Hill and Charles W. Golden
Situated on the banks of the Usumacinta River in northwestern Guatemala, Piedras Negras is an important Maya site known for its carved monuments and panels. Between 1931 and 1938 the University Museum conducted research at Piedras Negras, excavating the site core, producing an excellent site map, and documenting architectural developments to an unprecedented standard. Piedras Negras Archaeology, 1931-1939 reintroduces to the scholarly community and public these pioneering works, meticulously scanned and edited from the fragile originals, with all the maps, tables, line art, and photographs from the initial reports, and an interpretive essay and index for modern readers.
|The Museum Library was founded in 1900 with the acquisition of the personal library of Daniel Garrison Brinton. Today the library's collections emphasize cultural, social, physical and biological anthropology, prehistoric, Classical and Near Eastern archaeology, and linguistics as well as related fields such as museology. Learn more...|
Physical and Biological Anthropology