Read about other
Orville H. Bullitt Classics FundEstablished in 1976, the Orville H. Bullitt Classics Fund provides for Penn Library collection development in support of the University's classical studies program.
Orville H. Bullitt, Jr., C'15, HON'70, was a student of the classics, and his fund allows the Library to acquire significant works on Greek and Roman literature, history, and philosophy. Library staff note that faculty and students regularly report that they are well served by the Library's holdings in classical studies.
The Bullitt Fund is critical in making this possible.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Brill's New Pauly : encyclopaedia of the ancient world
- Thesaurus linguae etruscae
- History of Zonaras : from Alexander Severus to the death of Theodosius the Great
- Grammairiens et philosophes dans l'Antiquité gréco-romaine
- Saffo : la dolce eresia di Eros
- Performance, iconography, reception : studies in honour of Oliver Taplin
- See additional titles purchased through this fund