Read about other
Sabin W. Colton, Jr. Memorial Fund
In 1927, the University of Pennsylvania announced that Jessie Sellers Colton had made a $50,000 gift, endowing a Library Fund in memory of her husband, Sabin W. Colton, Jr. (pictured here).
The first acquisition was the Hugo A. Rennert collection of Spanish literature. Dr. Rennert, Professor of Romance Languages at Penn, had accumulated an important private library, and Mrs. Colton's gift made it possible for the collection to come to the Penn Library.
Since then, the fund has helped the Library provide materials that form the basis for new understanding of the past and new discoveries for the future.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Stocks for the long run : the definitive guide to financial market returns and long-term investment strategies
- Rodin : the figures of Eros : drawings and watercolours, 1890-1917
- 400 Jahre Don Quijote : zur Rezeption des spanischen Klassikers in Europa und in den Amerikas
- Wounded city : the social impact of 9
- Philosophy of film and motion pictures : an anthology
- See additional titles purchased through this fund