Charles D. Dickey, Jr., FundThis fund was established in 1995 for the purchase and preservation of books, periodicals, electronic and other materials in the subject of American History by Charles Denston Dickey, Jr., who received an Honorary Doctor of Laws from Penn in 1988.
A Penn Parent, Mr. Dickey is a Trustee emeritus of the University of Pennsylvania, having given thoughtful support to a wide range of university activities. His support of the Penn Library includes not only the American History endowed fund for collection development, but the establishment of the Stovall/Dickey Group Study Room in the Goldstein Undergraduate Study Center.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Tales of the great American victory : World War II in politics and poetics
- Documentary history of the John F. Kennedy presidency
- Documentary history of the Dwight D. Eisenhower presidency
- Documentary history of the Franklin D. Roosevelt presidency
- Beyond the crisis in US American studies : Scandinavian perspectives
- See additional titles purchased through this fund