Read about other
Samuel W. Golden Book FundIn 2005, the estate of Samuel W. Golden IV, MD, College 1976, established this fund. A biology major at Penn, Dr. Golden received his MD from the University of Pittsburgh.
His sister remembers:
"Sam took great delight in reading and enjoyed a breadth of subjects and writing styles that included history, science fiction, current events, political matters, poetry and mysteries. Books were catalysts for stimulating conversations and spirited discourse at his frequent dinner parties. He kept in touch with family and friends by lending, giving, trading and recommending books he thought we would enjoy. It was a rare conversation in which books or reading materials were not mentioned.
Sam loved books and considered them an important part of his life and being. It seems most appropriate that Sam's memory live on through an endowment to the University of Pennsylvania Library."
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Insuring microcredit against HIV
- We are here to stay : Pashtun migrants in the northern areas of Pakistan
- Acquisition : art and ownership in Edo-period Japan
- Archaeology from the ploughsoil : studies in the collection and interpretation of field survey data
- See additional titles purchased through this fund