Read about other
John G. Hartman Memorial Library FundFounded in 1977 with a bequest from Marion W. Hartman, this fund is in memory of her son, John G. Hartman, Ph.D. 1937.
His dissertation, The Development of American Social Comedy from 1787 to 1936, is still in use in the Penn Library, as are the many resources made available each year from the interest on this endowed fund, which is five times its original value.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- New Syriac primer : an introduction to the Syriac language with a CD
- Writing in limbo : modernism and Caribbean literature
- Historische Archäologie ein Versuch der methodologischen Grundlegung der Archäologie als Geschichtswissenschaft Sören Frommer
- Native American Declaration of Independence : William Apess's reflections of ethnic consciousness
- Social neuroscience : integrating biological and psychological explanations of social behavior
- See additional titles purchased through this fund