Read about other
Francis A. Jackson Memorial FundEstablished in 1912, this fund supports acquisitions in Latin or Greek literature, philology, history, and archaeology.
In 1869, Francis Jackson, a member of Penn's Faculty of Arts, published, Rules of syntax for the Latin noun: for the use of pupils preparing to enter the University of Pennsylvania. Today, students interested in classical studies have a wide range of programs and courses available, but preparation in Latin is no longer a prerequisite for admission!
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Rivista storica dell'antichità.
- Objets sacrés, objets magiques
- Entre ciel et guerre : figures d'Aphrodite en Grèce ancienne
- Ancient economies, modern methodologies : archaeology, comparative history, models and institutions
- Roman Empire of Ammianus : with a new introduction
- See additional titles purchased through this fund