Established in 2005 through the generosity of Alan Jacobs C'67, his wife Denise PAR'09, and son Alexander C'09, this fund supports scholarly acquisitions for the Penn Libraries in the field of cinema studies.
Alan S. Jacobs, Esq. is a Senior Partner at Withers Bergman LLP, New York. As a Penn undergraduate, he was a member of Friars Senior Society and the Kite and Key Society, social chairman of the Tau Epsilon Phi Fraternity and manager of Penn's varsity golf team. He has been on the Libraries' Board of Overseers since 2000, and currently serves as Chair of the Development Committee.
The University of Pennsylvania's Cinema Studies Program continues to grow rapidly and now offers both a major and a minor, and classes on cinema and using cinema are found throughout the curriculum of the School of Arts and Sciences. Funds such as this are vitally important in maintaining the depth and breadth of the Libraries' collections, serving the teaching and research needs of Penn scholars.
- If looks could kill: cinema's images of fashion, crime and violence
- Geography of cinema : a cinematic world
- British horror film locations
- Multilingualism in the movies : Hollywood characters and their language choices
- 5 centimeters per second [videorecording]
- See additional titles purchased through this fund