Read about other
William Alexander Lamberton Memorial FundEstablished in 1923, for 50 years the Lamberton Fund supported the acquisition of resources of use to students in Greek or Latin. In 1974, the fund became unrestricted.
William A. Lamberton served as Dean of the College Faculty, and reported to the trustees in May 1897 that women were attending both the Biological and Interior Decoration courses and were requesting admission to "Chemical Courses and [other] courses."
His own area of study was ancient Greece and Rome, and several of his books are available at the Penn Library: The sixth and seventh books of Thucydides; with an introductory essay, explanatory notes and indexes, by W. A. Lamberton, 1886, and [Pros] with the accusative and Note on the Antigone, 1891.