Read about other
Edward J. Lewis FundThis fund was established in 1987 to commemorate the 50th birthday of Edward J. Lewis with a gift from the employees of the Oxford Development Company.
Edward J. Lewis, Wharton 1959 and Penn Law 1962, was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Oxford Development Company, which he founded with his father. The company specializes in commercial and residential real estate development.
Mr. Lewis served as a Trustee for the University of Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon University, and the Board of Overseers for the University of Pennsylvania Law School. He also served on the Board of Directors for the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, the United Jewish Federation Investment Committee, the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership, the Jewish Healthcare Foundation of Pittsburgh, and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. In addition, Mr. Lewis served on the Board of Directors for the Economic Development Partnership, the Pittsburgh Opera, The Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, Montefiore Hospital, Pittsburgh Public Parking Authority, QED Communications, the Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation, as well as many other prominent local and national organizations.
The fund has more than doubled in value, and will continue in perpetuity to provide the Penn Library with valuable resources.
Materials purchased through this fund include: