Read about other
J. Bertram Lippincott Gift FundEstablished in 1891, the J. Bertram Lippincott Gift Fund has supported the acquisition of materials in English literature for over a century.
The Lippincott Family has a distinguished history in Philadelphia, at Penn, and in the publishing world, and many family members have been active supporters of the Penn Library.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Encyclopoedia of wit, or, Momus's Cabinet of amusement : consisting of a choice collection of bon mots, puns, epigrams, humourous tales in verse, and anecdotes of eminent excentric characters, the whole calculated to enliven the mind and...
- Clarissens Schiksale dargestellt in Vier und zwanzig Kupferblättern
- Glenarvon : in three volumes.
- Touch-stone of truth : uniting Mr. Swift's late correspondence with the Rev. Doctor Dobbin, and his family : and the detailed account of their subsequent challenge and imposture
- See additional titles purchased through this fund