Read about other
Dr. Adolph E. Schecter Medical Library FundEstablished in 1946 by Mrs. Becky Schecter in memory of her son, this fund is for the purchase of monographs in the medical sciences at the Penn Biomedical Library.
The collection at the Biomedical Library primarily supports the teaching, research and clinical needs of the School of Medicine, the Biomedical Graduate Groups, and the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP). The clinical collection also supports the educational and research needs of the Nursing program. The basic science material supports the programs in Veterinary and Dental Medicine.
With today's exploding information resources, the cost of maintaining a research library in the medical sciences is high. Funds like this help the Penn Library meet the needs of our medical community.