Read about other
Edgar Fahs Smith FundEstablished by his widow in 1932, the Edgar Fahs Smith Fund is a tribute to Dr. Smith, who served the University of Pennsylvania for nearly forty years as Instructor (1876-1881), Professor of Chemistry (1888-1920), Vice-Provost (1899-1910), and Provost (1911-1920).
His papers and personal collections, the Edgar Fahs Smith Memorial Collection in the History of Chemistry, are housed in Penn's Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Practical distiller, or, An introduction to making whiskey, gin, brandy, spirits, &c. &c. of better quality and in larger quantities than produced by the present mode of distilling, from the produce of the United States, such as rye, corn, buck-wheat, app
- Kreosot in chemischer, pharmaceutischer und therapeutischer Beziehung zunächst für Aerzte und pharmaceuten
- Manual of photographic chemistry : including the practice of the collodion process
- Dyeing and calico-printing
- Armamentarium principale oder Kriegsmunition und Artillerie-Buch : darinnen beschrieben, wie ein Zeughauss sampt aller Munition und Zugehöre bestelt und in rechtem Wesen soll unterhalten werden auch Salpeter, Schwefel und Kohlen ... zum Pulver und Fewer
- Juvenile philosopher, or, Youth's manual of philosophy : in four parts : pt. I. Natural philosophy, pt. II. Astronomy, pt. III. Chemistry, pt. IV. Physiology.
- Treatise on the manufacture, imitation, adulteration, and reduction of foreign wines, brandies, gins, rums, etc. etc. : including "old rye" whiskey, "old rye Monongahela," "wheat," and "bourbon" whiskeys, fancy brandies, cordials, and domestic liquors : B
- Traité des métaux et des minéraux...
- See additional titles purchased through this fund