Read about other
John Lammey Stewart Memorial FundIn 1927, his friends established this fund in memory of John Lammey Stewart, B.A., Class of 1889.
Mr. Stewart was a member of the Pennsylvania Public Service Commission following an academic career at Lehigh University where he was Professor of Economics and History and Library Director.
The endowed fund supports the acquisition of materials in economics and history to supplement the gift of Mr. Stewart's private library donated by his widow to the Lippincott Library at the Wharton School. Colleagues said of the collection, "...[it] had grown as he grew intellectually, and upon which he fed from day to day. It is a choice collection..."
The memorial is a wonderful tribute that provides resources in perpetuity in his memory.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Handbooks in Economics. [PAYMENT RECORD] [electronic resource]
- Making sense : microfinance and microfinance investments
- Microfinance and poverty : contemporary perspectives
- Microfinance investment funds : leveraging private capital for economic growth and poverty reduction
- Developing commercially viable microfinance : microfinance handbook
- Mutualist microfinance : informal savings funds from the global periphery to the core?
- New partnerships for innovation in microfinance
- Making microfinance work : managing for improved performance
- See additional titles purchased through this fund