Created in 1984 by Philip E. Goldfein, College 1934, this fund is a memorial to his wife Pauline, Class of 1935, School of Education.
The fund is used to purchase books and other scholarly material in the field of 18th-, 19th-, and 20th-century English literature of use to undergraduate students in the course of their studies.
Over the years, endowed funds have helped the Penn Library build collections of depth and breadth, providing the basis for new understanding of the past and new discoveries for the future.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- School training in architecture : a statement explanatory of the course of instruction in the School of Architecture, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia : illustrated.
- William Thomas & Company, Ltd., patent steam-power brick, tile, pottery and terra cotta works, Wellington, Somersetshire : also, Lowes Bridge brick and tile works, Torquay.
- Terra-cotta architecture of North Italy (XIIth-XVth centuries) : pourtrayed as examples for imitation in other countries
- Sbornik proektov vyrabotannykh Glavnym ti︠u︡remnym upravlenīem dli︠a︡ ti︠u︡remnykh zdanīĭ v Rossīi = Russie administration générale des prisons recueil des projets de bâtiments pénitentiaires.
- Plan for a public park on the flats south of Buffalo
- See additional titles purchased through this fund