Jonathan A. Hill, College 1974, recently created this fund for the acquisition of materials in the history of science for the Rare Book & Manuscript Library at Penn.
Mr. Hill, an antiquarian bookseller, has a special understanding of the importance of the materials acquired through his fund.
Materials purchased through this fund include:
- Vitae animalis morbus et medicina : suae vindicata origini disquisitione physico-medica, qua simul mechanismi & Spinosismi deliramenta funditus deteguntur, & mathematica evidentia ex sanae rationis circulo deturbantur, & integrum universi motus systema co
- Instruction pour elever, nourrir, dresser, instruire & penser toutes sortes de petits oyseaux de voliere : que l'on tient en cage pour entendre chanter : Avec un petit Traite´ pour les maladies des chiens.
- Compleat herbal of physical plants : containing all such English and foreign herbs, shrubs and trees, as are used in physick and surgery : and to the virtues of those that are now in use, is added one receipt, or more, of some learned physician : the dose
- Chemical atlas, or The chemistry of familiar objects : exhibiting the general principles of the science in a series of beautifully colored diagrams, and accompanied by explanatory essays, embracing the latest views of the subjects illustrated
- Naturlehre fu¨r die Jugend
- See additional titles purchased through this fund