Learn about the new Special Collections Center
The Campaign for Penn's Libraries
Learn about the new Special Collections Center

Charles H. Maxson Fund

Charles H. Maxson Fund Bookplate

Established in 1959 by a generous bequest from Dr. Charles Hartshorn Maxson, who was a professor of political science at the Wharton School for more than 25 years. His fund supports acquisitions in the field of political science and has increased five-fold since its founding.

Dr. Maxson and his wife Jane Hart Bloomingdale Maxson entertained many Penn students in their home on 47th Street during his career at the University, and it is fitting that they continue to touch Penn students through this fund.