Penn Library - Login
Authenticating for Library Resources & Services
(Authenticate yourself now if you'd like.)
What is my PennKey?
A registered PennKey and password are required to access an increasing number of electronic services at the University. These include:
- Penn InTouch
- Penn Portal
- And now the Library Proxy Service for Access to Restricted Resources
For PennCard holders, your Penn Library ID number is ten digits.Use the second and third group of numbers printed on your ID card. The
second group is eight digits and the third group is 2 digits. Enter these digits without a space between the two groups.
When am I Prompted to Authenticate?
- when accessing a domain restricted Library resource or service through the Library Proxy Service
- when accessing your patron record or using the "Request" function in the Library's Franklin Catalog.
What do I Use to Authenticate?
- For the Library Proxy Service, you must use your PennKey name & password.
- For Franklin, the Penn Library Catalog, you must use your last name and your Penn ID Number.