The Library front desk.
Visit the front desk for any of the following services:
- Check-out for circulating library materials. See our circulation policies for loan periods and further information. Please note that Penn library materials can be returned to ANY Penn library: Vet books can be returned to Van Pelt, New Bolton books can be returned to Vet Philadelphia and vice versa, etc. Inter-library loan books should be returned to the same library from which they were borrowed.
- Borrowing of library materials on reserve. Reserve books are located on the shelves behind the front desk. They can be checked out for a period of four hours. Please remember to check out all reserve books before using them. Extensions may be made.
- Borrowing of laptop computers and other electronic equipment. Equipment lending is limited to Penn Vet students, faculty, and staff with a PennKey and an active PennCard, and is generally for a period of four hours. For a list of equipment available and more information on the terms of borrowing, see Equipment Lending in the Veterinary Library.
- Reference help, assistance with computers or printers, or any other questions you may have. We're always happy to help!
- Information on student employment at Atwood Library. Inquire at the front desk to learn about student employment at the Veterinary Library. See Student Employment in the Libraries for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: The front desk is usually staffed by student workers, and full-time professional staff aren't always available when the library is open. If you need assistance specifically from a staff member (such as for research assistance, problems with fines or your account, or to apply for employment), please call or visit between 8 am and 5 pm on weekdays.