Fairchild Electronic Classroom
Fairchild Electronic Classroom.
Fairchild Electronic Classroom offers the following equipment and facilities:
- 11 PC workstations. These can be used for library or veterinary instruction, or for ordinary computing needs, when the classroom is not in use. Please log into these workstations with your Penn Vet Domain credentials (the same username and password you use to log into Inside.vet, Learn.vet, etc.).
- A multimedia projector and large monitor. Multimedia content can be displayed at the front of the classroom for instructional purposes.
- An instructor's podium with multimedia controls. The podium includes a PC with a full software suite which can be displayed on the monitor.
- Video conferencing capabilities. The classroom can be used for long-distance meetings or distance learning applications.
- Video capture equipment. Lectures can be recorded and archived and/or streamed from the electronic classroom.
- Specially designed desks that hide computer monitors when not in use. Fairchild can be used as an electronic or a traditional classroom, according to the instructor's needs.
The computers in Fairchild Electronic Classroom run Microsoft Windows 7, and are equipped with the following software:
- Catalyst Control Center
- SimBioSys Physiology Labs v3
- Diagnostic Pathfinder
- EndNote and RefWorks citation management software
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
- PDF Creator
- Salary Calculator
- Small Stata 10
- TurningPoint 2008
- ...and more!