Group Study Rooms
One of the group study rooms by the Library entrance.
The vet library has a total of 4 group study rooms, each of which has seating for 6. These are for use by members of the vet school and hospital community only. If you plan to use a group study room at the vet library, please reserve a room in advance. You can do so by following these steps:
- Log into Schedule.vet.
- Under the Browse menu in the top bar, you can use Browse for Space to check the availability of the room(s) in which you are interested. The room numbers for the Library group study rooms are 230B, 230C, 230D (the three group study rooms across from the library entrance), and 230E (the room next to the Digital Laboratory). All four have 'GSR' at the end of their names in the Schedule.vet system.
- To reserve a room, begin by clicking Room Request under the Reservations menu in the top bar. Specify the date, time, and number of people who plan to be present; you can also select the room you would like from the Facilities drop-down box (optional). Then click Find Space.
- The system will display the schedule of available rooms. Click the 'plus-sign' button to the left of the name of the room you wish to reserve. Then click Continue.
- Fill out the required information under Event Details, then click Submit Reservation.
- Once you have made your reservation, your booking is automatically confirmed. Please note that your reservation will expire if you do not arrive within 15 minutes of your reserved time. Group study rooms should typically be used by at least two people for periods of less than 2 hours in most cases, although only one user should make the booking.
All group study rooms contain the following equipment:
- Tables and chairs
- PCs with wall-mounted monitors
Please log into the PCs in the group study rooms using your Penn Vet Domain credentials (the same username and password you use to log into Learn.vet, Schedule.vet, etc.)
The computers in the group study rooms run Windows XP, and are equipped with the following software:
- Microsoft Office
- DVD and video playback software
- Diagnostic Pathfinder
- ...and more!