Searching - Basic Search
Begin with the Search box:
- Type a single keyword or multiple words in the search box, then click "Go".
- If two or more words are entered into the search box, the words will be joined with AND during the search.
- oak walnut beech searches oak and walnut and beech
- Boolean Operators should not be used in the Basic search. They can be used in Keyword Expert and Advanced Search..
- In the Basic search, only the * truncation symbol is operational.
Fields in the pull-down menu:
- When the pull-down menu is on keyword, the results will contain the word or words searched anywhere
in a record.
- To search in the specific fields of author, title, journal title, subject, form/genre, ISBN/ISSN, call number, choose the appropriate field from
the pull-down menu.
Further search refinements:
- You may narrow your results by using the limits on
the left of the
search results screen.