B.Z. Goldberg was born on January 9, 1895, in the town of Olshani, a province of Vilna (Vilnius). His father was a rabbi and shochet his mother was a daughter of the Gedrewitzer Rabbi. The family was connected with prominent rabbis of Vilna and Dvinsk. The family name in the old country was Waife. Ben-Zion's father changed his name to Goldberg on arrival to the US, since the nephews to whom he had come were named Goldberg. After the death of his mother, in 1935, Goldberg. legally resumed the name of Waife. He has retained the name B.Z. Goldberg as one of his his pen names.
Goldberg was a precocious child. At age eleven he was already a student at the famous Yeshiva of Volozhin, the youngest student to be admitted there in 1906. In 1908 he joined his family on a journey to the USA to reunite with his father. In New York he studies for about a year at the Yeshiva of Rabbi Isaac Elchanan. Then his father obtained a position as a Rabbi in Traverse City, Michigan, where Goldberg completed one year of high school. Then the family moved to Albia, Iowa, where in 1912 BZG graduated from high school after one year in 1912, with a scholarship for the State University of Iowa. After one year in the University of Iowa, Goldberg came back east and continued to study at Columbia University. He received a B.S. degree in Psychology in 1917 and his MA degree in 1919. He continued his study of Psychology for the Ph.D., but did not complete his dissertation.
Goldberg began to write in his childhood, was assistant editor of school page in the local paper in Traverse city, Michigan during his first two years of high school. He also contributed, in Yiddish to the Jewish Record of Chicago. Upon his return to New York he occasionally wrote for the Yidishe Tageblat (1914-1915).
In December 1914, BZG first met Shalom Aleichem and became a frequent visitor to his home. He instructed Sholom Aleichem???s youngest daughter in English. They got married in 1917, and had two sons, Sholom and Mitchell.
While a student at Columbia, BZA taught psychology, in Yiddish, at the Folks University, an institution he was later to head for a few years, and also at the Jewish Teacher???s Seminary, of which he became director in 1920.
Wishing to write for the Yiddish ???the Day???, but being told by the editor that he didn???t have the popular stuff the newspaper needed, BZG wrote under his secretary???s name a popular feature under the title ???A Diary of a Young Women???. Edlin, the editor didn???t believe it was the secretary, but published the article anyway. They were an instantaneous success, and ran for a number of months. When the identity of the real author was revealed, Goldberg became a correspondent of the Day and a permanent member of the staff (September 1922). Within months he was made assistant editor, writing for his daily column for years. Was managing editor for 15 years, and his daily column dealt with foreign affairs.
The Sholom Aleichem Foundation, which was a New York corporation, continued existence years after BZG left it to join the Day. His brother-in-law, I.D. Berkowitz, and more directly his mother-in-law, the widow of Sholom Aleichem, ran it. Goldberg was an officer of the corporation.
BZG also found time to research in the field of psychology of religion. In 1930 Horace Liveright published his book ???The Sacred Fire, the story of sex in religion???. It ran into 4 printings in the US, and 3 in England.
In 1932 BZG was invited to write for the Brooklyn Daily Eagle, a column on world events (1933-1934), which was first in its kind in American press.. For the Eagle and the Day, Goldberg traveled throughout Europe and the Near East, writing daily columns in English and Yiddish. One of the biggest events of the Day was BZG???s trip to Russia in the summer of 1934. He spent four months in the USSR, making trips from Leningrad to Batum, trips on the Volga, finally going into Biro Bidjan, the first foreign journalist to visit that territory. This made Goldberg???s name a household name among all the Yiddish readers, gaining the Day thousands of new readers. Subsequent visits December 1945-June 1946, July-August 1959. BZG was the first American Jewish writer to visit the USSR after World War II. The Committee of Jewish Writers, Artists and Scientists in America and the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee in the Soviet Union had a joint project the ???Black Book???. Also cooperating in this was the Va???ad Leumi in Palestine and the World Jewish Congress. The author of ???The Jewish Problem in the Soviet Union???, Crown publishers. Goldberg became active after his visit in 1934 in the movement for Birobidjan, and vice-president of the American Committee for Birobidjan, a bourgeois-intellectual group, raising considerable money for BB. During the following years, member of the Executive Committee of the National Council of American-Soviet Friendship, at whose dinners US Senators often appeared as speakers; Vice-president of Jewish Russian War Relief, President of the American committee of Jewish Writers, Artists and Scientist, of which Albert Einstein was Honorary President and among its members were Marc Chagall (then in the US), Arthur Miller, Marc Blitzstein etc. Goldberg was American host of Mikhoels and Feffer on their visit in the US in 1943, chaired the mass meeting for their reception with 58,000 paid admissions. With Rabbi Stephen Wise, Nahum Goldman and high city and federal officials, were among the distinguished speakers.
Goldberg was also the editor of Einikeit, organ Committee of Jewish Writers, Artists and Scientists. He was a contributor to Current History, New Republic, St. Louis Post Dispatch, Toronto Star Weekly, editor of The Jewish Digest (1940-1941), The Evening Post (NY), New Currents. Regular contributor to Al Hamishmar, Tel Aviv, since 1946 member of the Jewish Writers Union, Jewish Pen Club, Chairman of the American Committee of Jewish Writers, Artists and Scientists, vice ???Chairman of Jewish Council for Russian Relief, Ambidjan. Member of the Jewish National Workers Alliance.
He traveled in every country in Europe, every country in Latin America, every country in the Near East, China, Japan.
Goldberg was a famous lecturer on life behind the iron curtain, Jewish life in Post War Europe, Jews in Russian and Palestine, Sholom Aleichem and his world.
B.Z. Goldberg died in Tel Aviv, December 1972
BZG curriculum vitae
B.Z. Goldberg ???Ten Years Later??? Israel Horizons Vol. 10, No. 8, October 1962
The material has been partially processed in two parts. The processing procedure was discontinued in August, 1998. By than, about 14 large containers of unsorted material remained.
Removals: Posters announcing Goldberg???s lectures both in the US and abroad have been transferred to the Poster Collection. A few posters relating to political parties and elections in Israel have been transferred to the Poster Collection as well.
If not indicated otherwise, all material is in 5???x 10??? boxes. In some cases, such as ???notes???, ???Sholem Aleichem??? material and others, the material is kept in large containers, and this is indicated in the container list bellow.
Except for B.Z. Goldberg and Benjamin Waife (Goldberg???s real name), he wrote under several names. The pseudonyms usually appear in short stories. The following pseudonyms have appeared in the material and these essays were most likely written by B.Z. Goldberg: I. Ben Zakai, Willliam Zuckerman, H. Westmark, B.Z. Harzove, Henry Hobs, Marie van de Water, A. Hobo
Sholem Aleichem correspondence
In boxes containing various materials on Sholem Aleichem. Check also under alphabetical correspondence with the following (incomplete list):
- Abram Donald Murray
- Mrs. William B. Hassid
- Israel Stolarsky ??? American Farband Folks Committee for a Sholem Aleichem House in Tel Aviv
- Tamara Kahana (Y. D. Berkowitz??? daughter, in her file and also Sholem Aleichem???s boxes)
- Isidore Goldstick (publication of translations)
- Nathan Ausulre (translation of Tuveyah)
- Beth Shalom Aleichem (see bellow)
- Abraham Lis
- Yiddisher Kultur Farband (YKUF)
Shalom Aleichem Schools:
Incomplete, check also under separate headings of schools, by names
Beth Shalom Aleichem:
See also ??? Farband Labor Zionist Order
Y. D. Berkowitz
See also under Jewish Theological Seminary
Rabbi Mehachem Schneerson:
See under Lubavitch
Anti Fascist League:
See also under Joseph Brainin
American Committee of Jewish Writers, artists, and Scientists
American Committee of Jewish Writers, Artists and Scientists:
Honorary Presidents: Albert Einstein, Sholom Asch
President: B. Z. Goldberg
Vice President: Dr. Raphael Mahler
Executive Chairman: Joseph Brainin
In contact with Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee
Yiddisher Kultur Farband (YKUF)
See also under alphabetical correspondence
Mermer, Kalman (President)
Weinfer, Z. (National Secretary)
Federacion de Entidades Culturales Judias en La Argentina
Boxes relating to stories and articles: dates and journals are listed when they are known. Sometimes essays and stories appear with no title. A descriptive title is given is brackets.
- For publications by others check under box ???publications by others??? as well as in alphabetical correspondence
- Alphabetical correspondence is divided into boxes, usually a box containing correspondence under one letter. Sometimes a letter is divided into a few boxes. Each letter begins with a miscellaneous section, containing one or two letters of correspondence with one person or organization. An attempt was made to open a file for each individual or organization that more than two letters exist. The miscellaneous list is arranged alphabetically, but one should note that some of the names have been translated from Yiddish or Hebrew and the transliteration might not be accurate at this stage of registration of the material. When searching for a specific name, one should check for a few options. A star (*) next to a name indicates that another letter by the same author exists in the ???miscellaneous??? section, (and in rare cases, an actual file exists) but they have not been placed together. One should go over the ???miscellaneous??? section to check this. The ???Miscellaneous??? section refers to all material, even if there is more than one box.
- Notes (in Yiddish and English)
Notes (in Yiddish and English)
- Notes (in Yiddish and English)
- Notes (in Yiddish and English)
- Notes (in Yiddish and English)
- Notes (in Yiddish and English)
- 1. Typescript of ???The History of the Jews in America???
2. Typescript of ???The Jews in the Soviet Union???
- Notes for Goldberg???s column in ???The Day???
- Material for ???The Sacred Fire??? (notes on sex, marriage, family, morals, from books and articles)
- Material for ???The Sacred Fire??? (see above)
- Material for ???The Sacred Fire??? ( see box 9)
- Material for ???The Sacred Fire??? (see box 9)
- Material for ???The Sacred Fire??? (see box 9)
- Material for ???The Sacred Fire??? (see box 9)
- Copies of the ???Jewish Digest???
- Notes (in Yiddish and English)
- Notes on marriage, family and Soviet issues (summaries from articles)
- Copies of the ???Jewish Digest???
- Mainly drafts and typescripts of ???The Sacred Fire???. Also material collected for the book (Kama Sutra etc.). Large container.
- Drafts of ???The Jews in America???
- Drafts of ???The Jews in the Soviet Union???
- Between Land and Sea: The Jewish Problem in the Soviet Union
- The Jews in Russia
- The Jews in the Soviet Union (in Yiddish)
23. Manuscripts and material on early settlements in America (Boston, Virginia), including the story of Pocahontas. Also material on 17th Brazilian Jewish history
- Typescript of ???Jewish Life in America???
- ???On Jews in the Soviet Union???
- ???On Jews in American History???
27. Typescripts of ???The Jews in the Soviet Union??? (Yiddish)
- Notes, list of books in Hebrew on Sifrut Hascala
29. Shalom Aleichem: ???My father ??? Shalom Aleichem??? Mairie Waife-Goldberg???s biography of her father, drafts and correspondence with her (large container)
- Shalom Aleichem: 1. Marie Waife-Goldberg ???My father ??? Shalom Aleichem
- Correspondence on the Beth Shalom Aleichem in Tel Aviv
- Clippings, pamphlets, photographs, scripts of plays, Shalom Aleichem schools
31.Correspondence 1957-1958 (unsorted)
- Children of Israel: An Informal History of the Jewish People as Part of the World in Which They Lived
- Manuscript on New York and its port
- Manuscript about Russia, World War II
- Draft on the United States (Yiddish)
- Short essays in Yiddish (check!)
33. Correspondence 1953-1955 (unsorted)
34. ???The Day???, daily column of Goldberg
35. ???The Day???
36. ???The Day???
- ???The Day???
- ???The Day???
- Shalom Aleichem: clippings and correspondence on his plays; typescript of ???The Big Winning???
- Typescript of a novel ???The Withering Root??? (Benjamin Waife)
- Personal matters: lecturer ???s booking reminder and reports, Get Well cards; condolences upon Goldberg???s death; family music notes (Shalom Waife; Mitchell Goldberg)
- Articles on Yiddish press
- Articles of Goldberg in ???Al Hamishmar???, ???The Jewish Week???; clippings on Goldberg???s visit to Cuba (1944)
- ???The Day???, daily column of Goldberg
- Typescript of ???The Withering Root???; correspondence between Goldberg and Morwenna Arthy (1966-1967)
- Manuscript and typescript of Marie Waife-Goldberg???s biography ???My Father ??? Shalom Aleichem???
- Reprints of published articles of Goldberg:
- ???The American Yiddish Press at its Centennial??? (1971)
- ???Travels in the Soviet Union??? (1966)
- ???The Jews in the Soviet Union???(1966)
- Articles and clippings on Psychoanalysis, sexual imagination, sin, homosexuality
- Manuscript and typescript of ???Confessions, Sacred and Profane???
- Shalom Aleichem: plays, Marie Waife-Goldberg lectures on Shalom Aleichem, fees
- Typescript and correspondence on ???The Sacred Fire???
- Off prints:
* Bitzaron, ???Reminiscences???
- Newspaper clippings (large container)
- Newspaper clippings (large container)
- Correspondence concerning ???Liga V??? matters and miscellaneous
- Clippings of ???The Day??? (large container)
- Albums (large container):
1. Albums containing newspaper clippings of Al Hamishmar (Hebrew), and Goldberg???s articles
- Album of newspaper clippings on the USSR
- Goldberg???s column in the ???World Today???
- Clippings of ???The Day??? (1957-1959) (large container)
The following section is composed of typescripts, manuscripts and sometimes handwritings of stories, essays and articles of B.Z. Goldberg. Some of the material was published. For published material check in ???off prints??? section, as well as Goldberg???s daily column in ???The Day???. Check also albums of newspaper clippings.
- Stories by B.Z. Goldberg: (The majority of short stories are not dated but are probably from the 30???s)
- Tale by a psychologist: The widower???s Tale
- An infidel looks at Catholicism
- Your love life: Series of short stories
- Sex life in Russia as seen through three pairs of eyes
- Mothers on Parade
- The lost art of loving
- Salvage, a play in seven scenes by B. Z. Goldberg and Mark Walters
- ???Oh, make me write??????The cry of the village (I. Ben Zakai)
- Nature goes a-woowing: The wiles of the matchmaker
- Smoking star
- With a sin in my heart (probably by Goldberg)
- The belated redeemer (William Zukerman)
- ???Ask me another??? for husbands (H. Westmark)
- Somebody???s wife (B.Z. Harzove)
- At last we know why the flapper flaps (BZG)
- When hearts are broken (stories that must be told)
- Virginia of Chimney Grove (Marie Van de Water)
- Mita (Henry Hobs)
- Untitled, the story of Harry Galant
- Sandor of the plains: what one American girl made of (A. Hobo)
- Benjamin Franklin (poem)
- In the Sultan???s court (manuscript, also handwritten notes on Suleiman the Magnificant
- Muchamad???s wives (notes)
- Khurrem the joyous one
- Eleanor the crusading queens
- Toward the land of his dreams (Henry Hobs)
- Untitled (The story of David)
- Adam and Eve (handwriting, in Yiddish)
- The Nation Today (Benjamin Waife)
- Untitled (The story of Ella and Seymour), typescript and notes
- Articles on the Soviet Union
- Russia: the economic situation (1966)
- Response article by BZG to the editor of ???New Palestine??? on Jacob Lestchinsky???s article ???Soviet Jews or Soviet Jewry??? (typescript)
- BZG critic on Jacob Lestchinsky???s article
- Book proposal: Soviet Europe today (1960???s)
- Untitled (Can Jews survive in the Soviet Socialist world)
- Judea a la Soviet or The Jews go back to wilderness (on Birobidjan)
- Is Stalin grooming Kaganovich as heir apparent?
- Memorandum on Birobidjan (in Yiddish)
- Trade Unions in Russia (handwriting, Benjamin Waife)
- The image of the Jew in the Soviet press
- The Ukraine ??? after fifteen years or Ukraina - The Soviet???s Nationalist sore (1935)
- The Red Pope of Russia speaks (also titled ???In Russia the anti-God crusade goes on)
- In muddy Luthuania
- Does Russia want war?
- Why they harass the synagogue: Behind the persecution of the Jewish religion in the Soviet Union
- The Soviet Union and Israel
- Russia, Jews and Israel
- Encuentros en La Union Sovietica (1963)
- Borris Pasternak y Leon Tolstoy (translated from Yiddish by Salomon Kahan)
- Czechoslovakia faces East
- Meet Maroussia and Svetlana ??? Russia???s average women (Benjamin Waife)
- Socialist world here to stay (Benjamin Waife)
- A tourist is Russia
- Russia???s other people (Benjamin Waife)
- American Jews take their stand: The significance of the American Jewish Conference on Soviet Jewry
- The effects of the recent immigration from Eastern and Central Europe on the American Jewish Community
- The student struggle in the Soviet Union (1964)
- Essays and articles (most of them were published)
- On the wrong side of the tracks ??? Blacks who would be Jews (1972)
- Jewish Ecumenism ??? why not?
- The impact of the Jewish Labor movement upon American Labor and the Jewish Community
- Untitled (The concept of Tsedakah)
- Our Jewish people in a divided world (incomplete)
- On inspirational and religious resistance in the Nazi concentration camps
- Where is the American Jew (in Yiddish)
- On the Yiddish Culture congress (in Yiddish)
- On President Nixon (in Yiddish)
- On employment of married women, on poll tax in the south
- Crime in Kansas City
- Plans for YKUF (in Yiddish)
- The significance of the press in Jewish life
- The death of a Yiddish newspaper (???The Day???) (published in ???Midstream???, April 1972)
- Ben Gurion in New York (handwriting)
- Memo on New York English column
- Untitled (The Issur against affiliation of Orthodox Synagogues and Rabbis with mixed religious groups)
- The Jews in Peru (in Yiddish)
- Ghetto memorial (in Yiddish)
- Ghetto memorial (in English)
- The Rosenberg case and Anti Semitism (in Yiddish)
- The Jewish mind grappling with Christian science
- The simple concise portrayal of an enduring race
- Jews, gentiles and bunk
- Why Jews?
- The light of the inner circle
- The mirror of your soul
- Why marriage fails (William Cody, Ph.D.)
- What???s in your name?
- New York letter
- The ???badchanoot??? in stories (in Yiddish)
- The Aztecs
- The woman who made Mussolini (1929) (H. E. Harzove, not published)
- Short draft of the book ???The Erotic Imagination???
- A letter from Brazil (1948) (Benjamin Waife)
- Untitled (Yiddish theatre in America)
- Untitled, on the journal ???Israel Horizons???
- Untitled, on the journal ???The Day???
- About the Shtetel Olshani (in Yiddish)
- For Morris Weinberg, two thirds of a century of Jewish life in America (in Yiddish)
- A literary study on Abraham Liessin (in Yiddish)
- Three levels of Jewish life in America (in Yiddish)
- Off prints (BZG)
- ???Centennial of the Jewish Press in America??? United Synagogue Review, 3/23/1970
- ???Recuerdo Eterno??? (No date, no name of publication)
- ???A letter from Moscow??? Nie Yiddish, October-November 1922
- ???John F. Kenneddy??? Tribuna Israelita, 1965 (Also in the issue essays by Menashe Unger and Salomon Kahan on B.Z. Goldberg. Goldberg???s photograph appears on the cover of the issue.)
- ???Ten years later??? Israel Horizons, October 1962 (article commenting about the execution of the Jewish writers and artists in the USSR on August, 1952)
- ???Los Soldados Judios licenciados en Polonia Hemisferio, October 1946 (The cover shows Albert Einstein and Joseph Brainin presenting ???The Black Book of Nazi Crimes??? to Ilya Ehrenburg, the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee)
- ???The Soviet Union ??? Enemy or Friend???? (The American Committee of Jewish Writers, Artists, and Scientists, New York, 1947, booklet) (in Yiddish)
- ???Seven Years after the Heroic Revolt??? (of Warsaw Ghetto) ICUF, April-May 1950 (in Yiddish)
- ???In Answer to Ehrenburg??? Israel Horizons, October-November, 1955
- ???A Jew in Ireland??? Israel Horizons, August-September, 1959
- Addresses and Lectures:
- ???Our policy in Formosa???
- Untitled (on freedom of thought concerning children), given at the Educational Conference T.C., 1953
- ???Corliss Lamont??? (elections, Lamont candidate for Senate)
- Untitled, Address on behalf of the Committee for Jewish Writers and Artists to the members of the Detroit Committee for the Jewish Black Book
- Untitled (The Smith Act, regarding Communism), St. Nichlas Arena, October, 1952
- Untitled (Academic freedom) Carnegie Hall 6/4/1954
- ???Mass Communication and the Yiddish Public??? and response letters, April, 1969
- Upon the establishment of the Ida Kaminska Yiddish Theatre
- ???Why Marriage Fails???
- Address to the Advisory Committee on Jewish Affairs of the Progressive Party of America
- Untitled (on Jewish students), address to ???Menorah??? members
- A lecture on the Rosenberg Case
- Literary work by others (essays, stories etc.) (alphabetical order, indication if not in English, also contain issues of various journals) A-M
* Abramovich, Moshe, ???Jews in the 1959 Soviet Population Census??? ???Jews in Eastern Europe???
- Bamberger, Bernard J. ???Halakah in our Age: The Basic Problem??? ???Judaism, A Quarterly Journal???
- ???Beit Bialik ??? A Year after its Opening???
- Berkowitz, Y. D. ???Youth Chapters??? (Hebrew) ???Moznaim???, Vol. 17, 4-5
- Birenbuam, Paltiel ???The Golden Language of the Rambam??? (Hebrew) ???Hadoar???
- Bluestone, E. M. ???The Humorous Side of the Medical Life in Palestine??? (typescript)
- Bluestone, E. M. ???Miscellaneous ???Poems?????? (typescript)
- Blumenfeld, Samuel, M., ???Hayim Greenberg: Zionist Educator???, reprint from ???Jewish Frontier???, march 1963
- Carmel, Zvi, ???Between the Fire and the Holocaust??? (Hebrew) ???Hadoar???, 1958
- Cohen, Victor, ???More Power to the National Educational Bureaus must be given in order to Perpetuate Judaism??? (typescript)
- Cohen, Yehezkel, ???Hebrew through Conversation??? a manual, (The Jewish Agency ??? American Section) 1963
- Cutler, Abraham Y. ???Beit Midrash Amami??? (Yiddish) ???Zukunft??? April 1956
- Davis, Moshe and Lottie, ???Land of Our Fathers ??? Guide to Map of Biblical Names in America???, published by The Associated American Artists, New York
- Decter, Moshe, ???The Status of the Jews in the Soviet Union??? ???Foreign Affairs??? January 1963
- Eckstein, Jerome, ???The Fall and Rise of Man??? (typescript)
- Fishman, W.J., ???Rudolf Rocker: Anarchist Missionary (1873-1958) ???History Today??? Jan. 1966
- Gefen, Mark, ???Jews in Russian: Census Facts and Figures???
- Gevaryahu, Chaim, ???2500 Years of Shivat Zion from Babylon??? (Yiddish) ???De Goldene Kiet???
- Goldhurst, William, ???My Father, Harry Golden???, ???Midstream??? June-July 1969
- Goldshmidt, Samuel, ???Half a Million Jews in the Haze??? (Hebrew) The World Jewish Congress, 1966
- Goran, Morris, ???The Jew in America??? (typescript)
- Halpern, Ben ???Nachman Syrikin??? ???Jewish Frontier??? September 1963
- Hapstein, Bracha, Article on Bialik (Yiddish)
- Heiman, Leo, ???We Fought for Ukraine! ??? The Story of Jews with the UPA??? ???The Ukrainian Quarterly??? Spring 1969
- Heineman, Isaac, ???Taamei Hamitzvot besifrut Yisrael???, book review on Heineman???s 2 volume history
- ???Jewish Digest??? January 1941, Vol. 1, No. 4
- ???Jewish Heritage??? Winter 1961-1962 (B???nai B???rith, Adult Jewish Education)
- ???Jewish Heritage??? Summer 1965
- Klein, Isaac, ???The Law ??? A Conservative View???
- ???Kol haAm??? ??? Israel at Peace??? February 1973, Organ of the Communist Party of Israel MAKI
- Konvitz, Milton R., ???Zionism: homecoming or Homelessness??? ???Judaism, A Quarterly Journal???
- Kreitman, Benjamin Z., ???Toward a Creative Halachah??? ???Conservative Judaism??? Vol. 22, No. 1, 1967
- Lamm, Norman, ???Modern Orthodoxy???s Identity Crisis??? ???Jewish Life??? May-June 1969
???The Second Days???, June 1969
- Lazar, Chaya, ???20 years of Statehood??? (Hebrew)
- Leon, Dan, ???Prof. Levy and the Jewish Problem???
- Laub, Morris, ???Maimonides on War and Peace (with special application to Vietnam) (typescript)
- Levin-Shatskes, ???Bolshevism ??? 75 years??? (Yiddish) ???Der Werker??? November 1950
- Lieberman, Joshua, ???Tentative Outline of an Educational Plan for American Jewish Children??? submitted to the Commission on New Approaches to American Jewish Education (typescript)
- Mahler, Raphael, ???Whom Hitler Would Destroy??? (typescript, The Black Book)
- Miesel, Nachman, ???Dr. Israel Zinberg??? (Yiddish)
- Miklishanski, Y. K. ???The Musar Literature??? (Yiddish) ???Zukunft???
66. Literary work by others N-Z
- Myrim, Ben M. ???Design for Destiny??? ???United Synagogue Brief??? 1965
- ???Poland of Today???, Volume 2, Numbers 3, 4, March-April 1947
- Neuweld, Mark, ???The Latest Soviet Census & the Jews??? ???Commentary??? (1960?)
- Rackman, Emanuel, ???A Challenge to Orthodoxy???
- Richards, Bernard G., ??? A Jewish Memorial Library??? ???Congress BI-Weekly??? Volume 28, No.16, November 1961
- Rothenberg, Joshua, ???The World of Yiddish???, Bulletin #3, The Congress for Jewish Culture and The Aaron Fishman Foundation for Yiddish Culture, Winter 1970
- Rosenberg, Bertram, A. ???Our Road Back??? (typescript)
- Schulweis, Harold M., ???After the Trial ??? What???? (typescript)
- Shaalyobski, Moshe Yodel, ???Feige- Feigenin??? (Yiddish)
- Shacar, Bezalel, ???Hevra Ovedet Velomedet??? (Hebrew) ???Baderech???
- Shapiro, Nathaniel, ???How Psychamalysts Get That Way!??? (typescript, maybe BZG?)
- Siegal, Seymour, ???Abraham Joshua Heschel???s Contributions to Jewish Scholarship??? ???The Rabbinical Assembly??? 1968
- Singer, L. ???The Renewed People (nation)??? (book in Yiddish) Moscow, 1941 (facts on the Jews in the USSR)
- Strofoff, M. Frank, ???Jewish Idioms??? (typescript) 1964
- Szpetman, Sz. ???Ideas for Passover, Lag Baomer and Shavuoth??? (Yiddish) April 1955
- Tief, Moshe, ???Shir Hashirim??? (Yiddish)
- Ungerfeld, Moshe, ???Letters from Echad haAm to Bialik??? (Hebrew)
- ???USA- USSR ??? Partners for Peace??? A selection of the leading addresses delivered at the American Soviet Friendship Rally in Madison Square Garden, The Red Army Day Celebration and International Women???s Day Broadcast 1944-1945
- ???Vilner Pinkas???, Periodical Review for Current Social and Cultural Affairs of Vilna-Jews the World Over, and for the History of Yerusholayim Delito, Ed. M Karpinovitz , Volumes 1-5
- Waife, Marie, ???One Mad Night??? (typescript)
- Weinshell, Aryeh, ???Reshimot Historiot??? (Hebrew)
- Weiss-Rosmarin, Trude, ???The Agony of the Agunah??? ???Conservative Judaism???, Vol. 20, No. 1, 1965
- Weiss-Rosmarin, Trude, ???Toward Jewish-Muslim Dialogue??? ???The Jewish Spectator??? September 1967
- Wesler, Mary (pseudonym) ???Leppy and the Jardiniere??? (typescript)
- Zambrowsky, S.M., Address delivered at Zionist Congress, Jerusalem, December 1964
- Short story (untitled, maybe BZG?)
Special files (67-71)
67. Topical files
- Material on Baruch de Spinoza
- Material on Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- Material on the Marquis de Sade (maybe as part of material collected for ???The Sacred Fire???)
- Material on Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
- Material (articles and clippings) on the Jews in the USA
- General material on Jews (articles and clippings)
- Material (mainly clippings) on the Church during World War II (1941-1947)
- Lectures in Psychology, prepared by Goldberg for course at the Jewish Teachers Seminary (1920)
68. Holocaust (documents, testimonies)
* Natanblut, A. (Sweden)
- Correspondence with J. Rodinov and ???Liesma??? magazine in Latvia about war atrocities of Edmund Mach
- Schellenberg, Wilhelm, testimonies of war criminals
- Schorr, Markus, testimony on the Nazi occupation of Poland
- Displaced Persons ??? relatives search after WWII
- J. Baron, letter to Viking Press about H. Arendt???s book ???Eichman in Jerusalem???
- Elbinger, Bernard, documents in English and Polish and declaration of Czeslaw Ickowicz on Latala Fanciszek, who was the chief of the local police in Brzesko Nowe, Poland
(See also correspondence with Yona Radinow, Riga, in Alphabetical correspondence)
69 Jewish Antifascist Committee in the USSR, American Committee of Jewish Writers, Artists and
- Soviet Yiddish literature (Yiddish)
- Russian poems by Jewish poets
- Material on Birobidjan (American Birobidjan Committee), including photo album (AMBIDJAN)
- Material on Birobidjan (American Birobidjan Committee )(AMBIDJAN)
- Friends of Birobidjan, Capetown
- Newspaper clippings on Birobidjan
- Telegrams by B.Z. Goldberg from Birobidjan (1934)
- B.Z. Goldberg???s articles from USSR visit (1934)
- Schedule of trip, mainly to the USSR
- Interview with Genadi Tarachov (1964) (Yiddish)
- Russian Famine Pamphlet (published by Friends of Soviet Russia)
- B.Z. Goldberg???s telegrams from the Soviet Union
- B.Z. Goldberg???s telegrams from the Soviet Union (1946)
- B.Z. Goldberg???s trip to Europe and Palestine (1946), letters in Russian were transferred to ???Russian??? file.
- B. Z. Goldberg???s trip to Europe and Palestine (1946), letters in Russian were transferred to ???Russian??? file. Letters of Mitchell Waife, B.Z. Goldberg???s son, were transferred to ???Personal??? files (check!)
- B.Z. Goldberg tour in South America
- Clippings on B.Z.Goldberg, mainly South American Jewish journals
- Summary of lecture of Rev. Francis W. Anderson at a meeting of the cardinal???s coordinating committee, N. Y. City. (Anti Semitism)
- Divorce Certificate given to Moshe Ben Yaacov Shmuel Stavsky (Hebrew) 1913, Signed by Rabbi A. I. Kuck
- Report on the Zionist movement in Bulgaria (40???s)
- Dedications to B.Z.Goldberg
- Dispute with William Zukerman (???Jewish Newsletter???)
- Dispute with Chaim Liberman
- Letter to Beba Idelson
- Original caricatures by Joseph Rosenberg (???Ross???) of Israeli politicians (1946)
72. Personal matters
- Curriculum Vitae (biography), probably from the 40???s
- Curriculum Vitae, 1947
- Curriculum Vitae, probably 60???s
- A few letters to Mrs. S. Rabinowitz (Olga Rabinowitz), Mrs. Shalom Aleichem
- Power of Attorney to to Benjamin Waife on behalf of Marie Waife Goldberg and Sarah Lila Kaufman. (On the writings of Shalom Aleichem)
- Correspondence with Marie Waife Goldberg, upon the publication of her autobiography (for more, check "Shalom Aleichem??? material)
- Telegram from Mickey (Mitchell) 1947
- Letter from Mickey (Mitchell) 1946
- ???First Institute on Administration of Homes for the Aged, New Construction and Expansion Programs??? Mitchell Waife, 1962
- A few letters from Mitchell Waife, 1969
- Letters from grandson Robert (son of Mitchell), speech by B. Z. Goldberg for Robert???s Bar Mitsvah, letters and pictures from the family
- Letter from Adele Waife (wife of Mitchell)
- Two letters from Shalom Waife, 1968
- Letters from grandaughter Wendy (daughter of Shalom), and from Shalom
- Letters from grandson Ron (son of Shalom)
- B.Z. Goldberg speech at 50???th wedding anniversary
- Letter to Anna Goldberg
- Letters from Miriam (?) and Sara (?)
- Greeting cards
- Invitations (check!)
- Health matters
- Invoices ??? Readers Committee
- Taxes and Royalties
- JWB Lecture Bureau ??? fees
- Invoices and lecture fees
- Internal Revenue Service ??? letter (1946)
- Correspondence with Herman Chiaramonte, on real estate matters
- Correspondence with Herman Chiaramonte on real estate matters
- Application for Area Studies grant (1962)
- Bureau of customs (1946)
- Baggage declaration and cable from Teheran (1959)
- Travel documents (Palestine press card, House of Commons visitor card etc.
- Columbia University Report of Standing (Psychology course) (1925-1926)
- B.Z. Goldberg MA Thesis ???Individual Tendencies in Judgement??? June 1919 (Columbia University)
- Clippings on B.Z.Goldberg Testimonial Dinner 1964
- Upon starting to write in ???The Eagle??? (1932)
- Farewell party to Goldberg (1946)
- 40???th anniversary of Goldberg???s column in ???The Day??? (November, 1964)
73. Clippings of Goldberg???s daily column in ???The Day ??? Jewish Journal???. Including handwritten notes, typescripts and published clippings. Check also files 33-38, 45 and 59 (newspaper clippings album). The material is not organized.
74. Newspaper clippings (large container): contains mainly unsorted newspaper clippings. A large collection of the USSR and Soviet Jewry. Also newspaper clippings on Goldberg
75. Material in Russian. Including letters, newpaper clippings, brochures etc. in Russian.
76. Press releases, news letters
77. Photographs, prints, ephemera. Posters were transferred to B.Z. Goldberg poster collection. Oversized material was transferred to oversized material box.
Oversized material box contains: 1. Album of photographs from the Shalom Aleichem Ort Jewish School in Wroclaw, Poland, dedicated to B.Z. Goldberg and his wife upon their visit in the school. The album dates to 5/24/1959 (Yiddish)
2. Poster of the Shalom Aleichem Centennial celebration in Leningrad, from 1959. (Russian)
- Photograph of members of the Jewish Antifascist Committee members (check: difference in members between original photograph and book publicity photograph)
- Photograph of Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg with their son in military uniform, with Feffer and Mikhoel???s (?) near Shalom Aleicem???s grave
- Photograph of the Levy family (?) from Sefron, Morocco
- Photograph of Kibbutz Gan Shmuel
- Two photographs, women and child (Moscow 1946) (check!)
- Photograph of Shulamith Kacizne, photograph of Peretz Markish, Moshe Broderson and
and Alter Kacizne; photograph of Alter Kacizne with wife Hanna and daughter Shulamith
- Four photographs of people (?), from Goldberg???s 1946 trip to eastern Europe
- Family (?) photograph from 1918
- Photograph of staff of Jewish school in Vilna (1946)
- Photographs of B.Z. Goldberg
- Four photographs of Mr. and Mrs. Goldberg???s visit to Oholei Torah Day School (Miami Beach, Florida, 1970)
- Four photographs of public buildings in Beersheba, Israel (The R. S. Reynolds Memorial Award for Community Architecture) (one of the photographed is covered with a phost of the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Menachem M. Schneerson, placing a crown on a Sefer Torah, see next item)
- Photographs of acrowd hearing the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson at Lubavitch headquarters in New York on the twentieth anniversary of his leadership of the movement; Lubavitch stand in book fair
- Photograph of memorial (graves?) of Y. L. Peretz, Y., Y. Rinzan (?) and Sh. Anski
- Four postcards from Iran
- Photgraph of a man (Chinese, Japanese?), taken by Suganuma Photo studio
- Postcard of 2 Yemenite children, from Palestine (printed in Czechoslovakia)
- Photograph of ancient structure (the Middle East?tomb?)
- Photo caption: rare vellum edition of Avicenn???s Canon of Medicine, medical work of the Middle Ages, acquired by the Library of The Jewish Theological Seminary of America
- Photograph of town (Europe?)
- Photograph of statues (Trumpeldor?); unidentified portrait
- Postcard of a women (title in Hungarian, Budapest)
- Photograph of a group of soldiers (?) on horses with British officer (?)
- Photograph of family (?), 6.21.1958
- Photograph (?) British soldiers (?)
- Yisaschar Beer Ribak, 23 prints of pictures (1917-1919)
- Prints of B.Z. Goldberg (portrait)
- Prints of etching, Clara Skinner; print of etching, Indian (?) women praying
- Prints, photographs for ???The Sacred Fire???
- Borchure of the Emergency Civil Liberties Committee
- Beersheva, Facts and Figures
- Brochure (in Hebrew) about Raanana (1954)
- Napkins for Passsover
- Travel brochures
- Niv, brochure of girls??? orphanage in Jerusalem (in Hebrew) 1959
- Brochures on honey bees (?)
- Brochures on Israel 15
- Negative (probably from the encyclopedia) on Zeiri Zion
- Calender sheets; protest against Anti-religious Persecution in Israel
- The Afro-Asian Institute for Labour Studies and cooperation (Israel), list of study material 1965
- The Institute for Sex Research, brochure
- Copy of the Gettysburg address
- The Guardian: a Tribune for Torah and Loyal Judaism (1958) (The Guardians of Orthodoxy, CA)
- New York Young Republicans for Nixon and Lodge: ???What kind of Man is Kennedy????
- The department of culture and education, the Histadruth, Haifa
- ???The Minority of One???, Vol. 1, No. 1, M. S. Arnoni
- The department of education and culture of the Jewish Agency, training workshop announcement 1963
- Empty envelopes
- Plates cuts, ???The Day???
78. Notes (large container)
79. Letter ???A??? (A-Antanovsky)
Association pr- Judio ??? casa Simon Donow
American Baptist Convention
Art School Alumini (Moses Soyer)
American Express Co.
American Federation for Polish Jews
American Jewish Cultural Conference
Anti Nazi League
Asirai Zion Fund
America-Israel Culture House
Alveltlacher Yiddishe Culture Congress
Australian Consolidated Press
American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
American Trade Union Council
American Jewish Labor Council
American Friends of the Fighters for the Freedom of Israel
Americans for Hagannah
American Russian Institute
- Abrams, W.
- Adashko, David
- Apter, Shimshon
- Agus, Jacob B.
- Al Hamishmar: including correspondence with Mark Geffen, Y. Rabi, Jacob Amit. For correspondence with Mordecai Halamish, Bonem Heller, D. Hanegbi, check under their names
- Allen, Isaac
- Aley, Ruth
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Association for Jewish Education
- American Committee of Jewish Writers, Artists and Scientists. Check also under special files
- American Committee for Yugoslav Relief
- American Histadrut Cultural Exhange Institute
- American Jewish Archives
- American Jewish Committee
- American Jewish Congress
- American Jewish Historical Society
- American Zionist Council
- Americans for Progressive Israel, Hashomer Hatzair
- American Psychological Association
- American Zionist Emergency Council
- Amiat, Israel
- Anti Semitic leaflets
- Antanovsky, Isaac
80. Letter ???A??? (Apotikai-Associated Legislative Rabbinate of America)
- Apotikai, Jacob
- Arfa, Jennie Nusskern (American Jews active for Soviet Jewry)
- Aronson, Isar
- Author???s Guild
- Asen, Abraham
- Authors League of America
- Associacao Feminina Isr.- Brasileira ???Vita Kempner???
- Associated Legislative Rabbinate of America
81. Letter ???B??? (Baltimore Jewish Ukranian Committee ??? Bienstock, Victor)
B???nei Akiba of North America
Baltimore Hebrew College and Teachers Training School
Baron, Dov N.
Behrman House Inc
Beit Rachel Shul D???satmer
Belkin, T.M. (*)
Ben Ami, R.
Ben Baruch, H.
Ben David, Meir
Ben Israel, David
Ben Israel, hanan
Ben Mila Hilary
Ben Reuven, L.
Ben Sasson, J.
Ben Shalom, B.
Ben Yosef, Asher
Ben Yosef, Z.
Ben Zakai, Sh.
Ben Zakai, Simcha Boren
Berman, L. (*)
Bessarabian Federation of American Jews
Beth Torah Congregation
Bill of Rights Conference
Black, Meir Zvi
Bloch Chaim (*)
Bloch Publishing co.
Bloch, Chaim (*)
Bloch, Joshua (*file)
Brandeis camp Inst
Brookly Hebrew home and Hostpital
The Bible Readers
- Baltimore Jewish Ukrainian Committee
- Bar Ilan University
- Bar-Yehuda, Israel
- Baron, Yona
- Baron, Salo W.
- Barkan, N.
- Barzilai, Y.
- Bat Yosef, Zipora
- Bear, Abraham
- Beekman, G.
- Beckelstock, Melech
- Ben Hillel, A.
- Bear, Jacob B.
- Benjamin, Ben
- Ben-Yosef, Avraham C.
- Bergelson, D.
- Berger, Abraham
- Berkowitz, Isaac Dob (Letters and newspaper clippings on him; family photograph, 1928. For additional material check Sholem Aleichem files)
- Bialostotzky, B. J.
- Bible Students Congregation of New Brunswick
- Bick, Abraham
- Bikel, Theodore
- Bienstock, Victor
82. Letter ???B??? (Blatter-Bureau of Jewish Education)
- Blatter, Benjamin
- Bloch, Chaim (check also under ???miscellaneous???)
- Bloch, Joshua
- Blumenfeld, Meyer
- Bluestone, E.M. (Ephraim Michael)
- Bluestone, Harry
- Blusestone, Zvi
- B???nai B???rith Hillel Foundations (including Anti-Defamation League)
- B???nai Jeshuron
- Bokser, Ben Zion
- Brisk, Daniel
- Bronx High School of Science
- Brooklyn Daily Eagle
- Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators and Paperhangers of America
- Brainin, Joseph
- Bryks, Rachmil
- Bureau of Jewish Education
83. Letter ???C??? (Cang-Cutters)
Casa cultural Israelita Brazileira
Center of European Rabbis in America
Centro Cultural Escula Laica Israelita
Centro Israelita do Cuba
Centro Social Y Culture ???Israel???
Christian News from Israel
Circulo de Bellas Artes
Cohen, George D.
Cohen, Israel (*)
Comitat fur Yiddisher Culture
Comite Unido de Tribuna Israelita
Comite??? Juif d???Action Centre de reamenent Allemand
Comite??? pro Edificio Propio
Committee for the Implementation of Standardized Yiddish Orthodoxy
Committee for Yiddish in High Schools
Conference Europeane de la Culture Juive
Congregation ???Chasside Belz???
Congregation and Talmud Tora
Congregation Beth Hamidrash Hagadol
Congregation Shaarey Tefila
Congregation Shaari Israel
Connecticut, Bridgeport, Jewish Community Center
Consistoire Central des Juifs Bulgarie
Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science
- Cang, Joel
- Caspe, Ab.
- Cedars of Lebanon Hospital (The case of di9smissalof three doctors, Committee for Medical Freedom)
- Centre de Documentation Juive Contemporaine
- Charney, Daniel
- Chiel, Arthur A.
- Christenson, Cornelia L.
- Cogan, Meir
- Cohen, Kenneth M.
- Cohen, Yosel
- Colegio Israelita de Mexico
- Columbia University
- Communist Party of Israel
- Conference on Jewish Material Claims against Germany
- Conference on the Status of Soviet Jews
- Colban, Frances
- Crown Publishers
- Cutters Rank and File Campaign Committee
84. Letter ???D??? (Dagan-Dvorkin)
Davidson, S. (*)
Dreksler, Shlomo (Derech)
De Hirsh, David
- Dagan, Eliezer
- Danziger, Shlomo Eliezer
- Davis, Nathan S.
- ???The Day???
- Decter, Moshe
- Darin, Eliezer
- Deyan, Mordecai
- Drazin, Nathan
- Dobekirer, Jechil M.
- Dreman, Victor
- Dropsie University
- Drori, Abraham
- Dvorkin, Meir
85. Letter ???E??? (Edlin-Erstein)
Eisenberg, Harry B.
Essrog, Chaim I.
- Edlin, Moshe
- The Educational Alliance
- Edelmanl, Lily
- Eilat, Eliyahu
- Eisenberg, Zvi Hirsh
- Eisner, Philip
- Elbein, J.L.
- Eliav, Benjamin
- Elefant, Joseph
- Emergency Committee to save the Jewish People of Europe
- Epstein, Benesh
- Erdberg, Samson
- Erstein, Jeremiah
86. Letter ???F??? (Farband-Furmansky)
Falan, Ephriam (*)
Freie Arbeiter Stimme (*)
Fier Fratesh, Rafael
Flinker, David (Check under Plinker)
Federation of Jewish Women
First Church of Christ
Federation of Jewish Workers Organization
Farband Culture Center
Feisik, Arron Klein
Freie Arbeiter Stimme
Falan, Ephraim (*)
Freihof, Solomon B.
Furst, Max (*)
- Farband ??? Labor Zionist Order
- The Federated Press
- Federacion de Sociedades Residentes Israelitas en La Argentina
- Federacion de Entitdades Culturales Judias en la Argentina (YKUF)
- Fein, Isaac
- Fenson, Melvin
- Fialkow, Abraham
- Fisherman, Nathan
- Fink, Reuben
- Finkelstein, Sadi
- Finestok, Michael
- Fishman, Samuel (check also under ???miscellaneous???)
- Fogel, J.
- Fogel, Joseph
- Forand Bill
- Foreign Correspondents Center
- Frailer, Isaaque
- Frankel, B.
- Free Voice of Labor
- Friedberg, H.L.
- Friend, J.L.
- Furmansky, Moshe
87. Letter ???G??? (Gabel-Guberek)
Gader Avot (*)
Galter, David J.
Glatt, Herman A.
Goldfinger, (Jewish News Service)
Goldstick, I. (*)
Gordon, Aryeh Leib
- Gabel, Jacob L.
- Galili, Yehezkel
- Garfinkel, S.Z.
- Geffen, Mark (check also ???Al Hamishmar???)
- Gilboa, J. A.
- Ginasio Israelita Brasileiro Scholem Aleichem
- Gindelman, Chaim
- Ginzburg, B.
- Glass, I. Y.
- Goldberg, Sydney
- Goldenberg, Eliyahu
- Goldstein, Israel
- Goldstein, Meir
- Goldstick, Isidore
- Goodman, A. J.
- Gordis, Robert
- Gordon, Lyndall
- Gopstein, Aliza
- Grader, J.
- Gratz College
- Gray, Oscar S.
- Greenberg, Harry
- Greenberg, Jacob
- Greenberg, Samuel
- Gropman, Ben
- Guberek, Simon (Columbia, 2 files!)
88. Letter ???H??? (Hadassah-Hyman)
Hebrew Union College (*)
Hebrew Teacher???s Union
Hacohen, Moshe Ben Yaacov Smuel
Hagar, Meir (*)
Hebrew Educational Society
Hahneman Medical College
Hebrew Theological Seminary
Helphgot, Moses (*)
- Halamish, Mordecai (Check also under ???Al Hamishmar???)
- Hambar, P. S.
- Hanegbi, D. (Check also under Kanana U., ???Al Hamishmar???, Hochberg, H.)
- Harman, Hyman
- Hashomer Hatzair ??? Progressive Israel
- Hassid, William
- Hebrew Committee of National Liberation
- Helfand, S.
- Heller, Bonem (Check also under ???Al Hamishmar???)
- Heller, Samuel
- Herbert, L. M.
- Hershfield, Nathan
- Hertz, M.
- Herzl Institute
- Histadruth Ivrith of America
- Hochberg, Hanna
- Hoffman, Morris
- Holzman, M.
- Horowitz, Naftali
- Hyman, Irwin I.
89. Letter ???I??? (???Ihud???-Israel)
- Friends of ???Ihud??? in America
- Iceland, Reuben
- Indiana University
- Instituto Israelita Brasileiro de Cultura e Educacao
- Institute of Jewish Affairs
- Insstitute for Religious and Social Studies
- Institute for Yiddish Lexicology
- Instituto Popular Israelita de Cultura e Educacao
- Internal Security Act of 1950 (McCarren Act) (Communist Party of the USA v. Subversive Activities Control Board
- International Ladies Garment Workers??? Union
- ISPA (Michoelis)
- Stae of Israel, various
90. Letter ???J??? (Jacobs-Jewish)
- Jacobs, Arthur L.
- Jacobs, Fannie
- Jacobovitch, Marcos
- Jaffe, Harry
- Dr. Jansen and the Board of Education: atttacks on a few school teachers alleged to being Communists
- Jarrolds Publishers
- Miscellaneous: Jewish organizations
- Jewish Book Council of America
- Jewish Agency ??? American Section
- Jewish Center Lecture Bureau
- Jewish Chronicle Feature & News Service
- Jewish Community Centers
- Jewish Conciliation Board of America
- Jewish Culture Organization of Philadelphia
- Jewish Education Committee of New York
- Jewish Labor Committee
- Jewish Music Alliance
- Jewish National Fund ??? Labor Department
- Jewish Publication Society of America
- Jewish Teachers Seminary and People???s University
- Jewish Theological Seminary of America
- Jewish Theological Seminary of America ??? The Melton Research Center
- ???The Jewish Week???
- Jewish Welfare Fund of Winnipeg
91. Letter ???K??? (Kabrin-Krugly)
Kahn, Sholom J.
Kahn, Solomon (*)
Kalmus, Morris A.
Kaplan Yehuda (*)
Kaplan, Shapsel (*)
Kibbutz Aliya Daled
Kirshblum, Usher (*)
Kochubiyevsky, Borris L.
Koller, Israel B.
Krugli, Aaron (Check files)
Kamaiko, Joseph L.
Kaplan, Bella (*)
Koren, Abraham (*)
Klingerman, J. M.
Kaplan, Shapsal (*)
Kirshboum, Usher (*)
Korin, Nathan (*)
Kalisher Social Verein
Kahana, Hazan Yaacov
Keller, Samuel M.
Kovalsky, Shalom Dor
- Kabrin, Paul
- Kahan, Salomon
- Kahana, Tamara
- Kahana, Uriel
- Kaminska, Ida
- Kaplan, Bella
- Kaplan, Mordecai
- Kaplan, Sam (including letter from Kibbutz Mashabei Sadeh)
- Karlibach, Azriel
- Corona, Marcos (Korona, Mordecai)
- Katz, Meinke
- Katzinah (Reale), Shulamit (Sulamita)
- Kaufman, Benjamin
- Kowalsky, Sholem B.
- ???Keeping Posted???
- Keitelman, H.
- Kelman, Wolfe
- Keller, Leizer Leib
- Keller, Walter
- Kenig, Leah
- Kenig, G.
- Kilimnik, P.
- Kirshenblatt, Moshe
- Klein, J.
- Klibanski, Isaac
- Kling, Simcha
- Klorfeld, H.
- Kobrin, Nathan
- Kosloff, Herman
- Kosman, L.
- Kol Korea ??? Jewish Chaplains in the American Army in Korea
- Kolker, Samuel
- Kreindel, Chaya
- Krevoff, L.
- Krugly, Aaron
92. Letter ???L??? (Lasavin-Lustig)
Lipsky, Louis (*)
Labor Zionist Institute
Labor Zionist Assembly
Liga Popular Israelita de Mexico
Levine, Max (*)
Library of Congress
Libener, Raphael Halevi
Levine, Max (*)
Labor Zionist Institute (*)
Labor Zionist Organization of Pittsburgh
Lerner, Saul (*)
Lipschutz, Benjamin (*)
Lookstein, Yosef Chaim
Levine Max and Ruth (*)
Labor Zionist Organization of America
Lo Bello (*)
Labor Zionist Movement of Canada
- Lasavin, L.
- Laslett, Barbara
- Laub, B.
- League for Religious Freedom in Israel
- Laderman, L.M.
- Leibner, Raphael Halevi
- Leo, Miriam
- Leivick, H.
- Leivick Kultur Center
- Levit, M. (including letters from Moscow)
- Leviant, Curt
- Levin, A.
- Levin, Shmuel
- Levine, E.
- Levitats, Isaac
- Lichtig, I.
- Lifschitz, Y.
- Lipstadt, Deborah
- Lis, A. (Beth Shalom Aleichem)
- Living Books
- Lokier, Saul
- Lookstein, Joseph
- Lubavitch (Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson)
- Lurie, Zvi (Check also under ???Al Hamishmar???
- Lustig, B.
93. Letter ???M??? (Madison-Morgenstern)
Mahler, Raphael (*)
Maisel, Max N
McGill Hillel Students Society
Meizel, Nachman (*)
Miller, Simon (*)
Miller, Simon (*)
Morning Freiheit Association
Morris, Raphael Cohen
Murray, Abram Donald (*)
- Madison, Chaim
- Mahler, Raphael
- Malachi, A.R.
- Mandel, Nathan M.
- Mandrawiez, Y.
- Marshak, Harry
- Mathisson, H.
- May, Morris
- Mayer, D.
- Mayerson, B.
- McLernan (comments on her essay on the Holocaus)
- Meisel, Nachman (Check also under Yiddisher Kultur Farband)
- Melnick, Beatrice
- Menashe Unger Book Committee
- Mendelson, Harry
- Mendez, Toni
- Meyers, J
- Midstream (correspondence mainly with Shlomo Katz)
- Miller, David
- Millman, Nathan
- Mizrachi Organization of America
- Montreal Yiddish Committee
- Morais Sabato (centennial)
- Morgenstern, Joseph
94. Letters ???N??? ???O??? (Nachman-Outlook)
N.Y. Public Library
National Council of Scientific, Professional, Art and White Collar Organizations
National Council of Young Isreal
National Jewish Council
National Women???s League of the United Synagogue of America
Nettis, Morris A.
Neuman, Israel Y.
New School for Social Research
New York Association for New Americans, Inc.
New York Board of Rabbis
New York Times
New Zealand Herald
Nuevo Colegio Israelita
- Naaman, Chaim
- Nachman, Wolf
- National Ambijan Dinner (1949)
- National Committee for Labor Israel
- National Council of American-Soviet Friendship
- National Federation of Hebrew Teachers and Principals
- National Jewish Hospital of Denver
- National Jewish Welfare Board
- Neturei Karta
- Neumann, Emanuel
- Newman, Frank
- Newman, Wolf
- New Currents
- New York Council for Sane Nuclear Policy
- New York University
- Nirenstein, A.
- Nocks, M.
- North American Newspaper Alliance
- Nozik, Yosef
95. Letter ???P??? (Pacific-Q, Miscellaneous)
P???eylei Hamachane Hatorati
Parisian Jewish Club
People???s Victory Forum
Perach, Harry K.
Platin, Chaim, Y.
Prager, Moshe (*)
- Pacific Jewish Press (David Resnick)
- Palmer, Harry
- Pan American Jewish Committee
- Parilman (Perlman?), A.
- Paull, Joe
- Peace Institute of Greater New York
- Persky, Daniel
- Piltz, Jacob
- Picon, M. (American Jewish Congress)
- Pioneer Women ??? Women???s Labor Zionist Organization of America
- Pitt, Rubin
- Plant, Samuel
- Poale Agudath Israel of America
- Pogorelsky, Mordecai
- ???Presse Nouvelle???
- Progressive Israel
96. Letter ???R??? (Rabbinical-Russakoff)
Rabinowitch, Nachum L.
Radinow, J. (*)
Radio Station WEVD
Reform Synagogues of Great Britain
Reichenson, A. (*)
Richards, Bernard (*)
Rosenbaum, Henry (*)
Rosenbaum, Henry (*)
Rosenberg, Harry (*)
Rosenblum, Henry (*)
Rubin, Jacob A.
- Rabbinical Assembly
- Rabbinical Council of America
- Rabinowitz, Morris
- Raddock, Charles
- Raskin, Saul
- Ravel, Nachum
- Reiner, Gabriel
- (Presidium of Central Committee of European) Refugee Rabbis Nazi Victims
- Research Institute of Soviet Jewry
- R & F Features
- Radinow, Yona
- Rodinov, Jim
- Rose, A.D.
- Rosemarin, Aaron
- Rosenberg, J.W.
- Rothbort, Samuel
- Russakoff, Sam
97. Letter ???S??? (Sadovski-Shocat)
Salzman, Richard R.
Sardatsky, Y. (*)
Sartre, Jean Paul (on him)
Schaver, Morris L.
School of Jewish Studies
Selig, Harris L.
Senderow, David Zvi
Sokol, J. (*)
Soltes, Mordecai (*)
Spanish Refugee Appeal of the Joint Anti-Fascist Refugee Committee
Stevenson, A. (copy of letter of BZG to him)
Student Zionist Organization
Szhitlovski, Moshe Israel
- Sadovski, Aaron
- Sadan, Dov
- Salit, Eliezer
- Saradeski, Yente
- Schachter, Isidor
- Schenker, A.
- Schwartz, M.
- Schneer, Maximilian ???Behind the Crimes in France??? (1941)
- Schneersohn, F.
- Sefansky, Marcus
- Segal, L.
- Segal, P.
- Selchen, N.
- Sezebro, H.
- Shapiro, Chaim
- Shatskes, Ida
- Shazar, Zalman
- Shelubsky, M.
- Sherchevsky, S.
- Shmerok, Ch.
- Shochat, Rivka
98. Letter ???S??? (Shneor-Szulstein)
- Shneor, Z.
- Shuchatowitz, Aaron
- Shuel, Harry
- Shulsinger Brothers
- Sifriat Hapoalim
- Simon, Solomon
- Spector, .C.
- Singer, P.H.
- Sivak, Mordecai
- Sklarin, Abraham
- Skobodnick, Z.
- Sobell, Morton
- Socolow, Baruch
- Speigel, Moshe
- Spigelman, S.
- ???The Star Weeklyl???
- Steinbaum, Y.
- Stern, Menachem
- Stern, Shalom
- Stolnitz, N.
- Sukenik, A.L.
- The Sunday Review
- Sussman, J.B.
- Szulstein, M.
99. Letters ???T??? (Tomashevski-Tucker)
Miscellaneous (not detailed)
- Tomasheski, J.
- Taback, T.
- Taub, Yehezkiel
- Tchernowitz, Ch.
- Thaler, Chaim
- Thirlwall, J.C.
- Tolmach, Regina E.
- Tsevat, Miriam
- Tucker, Y.L.
100. Letter ???U??? (Udeleff-United), Letter ???V??? (Val-Victor)
Miscellaneous ???U??? (not detailed)
- Udeleff, Solomon
- Union of American Hebrew Congregations
- Unger, Menashe
- United Synagogue of America
- United Nations
Miscellaneous ???V??? (not detailed)
- Val, Harry
- Venezuela Jews (translation of archival material)
- Venezuela, material on
- Venezuela, Shapiro (accusations against rabbi Shapiro, see also under Zighelboim)
- Victor, Herald
101. Letter ???W??? (Wachtfogel-World)
Warehouse Workers Union
World News Service
World Federation of Bessarabian Jews
Weiner, Lazar Sarah
World Federation of Hungarian Jews
World Publishing Company
- Wachtfogel, B.
- Waddell, Richie
- Wagner, Robert F.
- Wallace ??? National Wallace for President Committee
- Wallace, Irving
- Weichart, Michael
- Weisberg, N
- Weiner, S.
- Weisman, Moshe
- Werber, A.
- Wolfson, Martin
- Workers Circle
- Who???s Who in World Jewry
- Winer B. (Letter to Nikita Serghryewitch)
- World Jewish Congress
102. Letter ???Y??? (Yaari-Yungstor)
Yeshiva of Flatbush
Yiddish Writers Union
Yiddisher Cultur Gizelshaft Toronto
Young Friends of Zion
Young Israel of Sunnyside
Young Jewish Americans Yeshiva Breslow
Young Men and Young Women???s Hebrew Association of the Bronx
- Yaari, Meir
- Yad Vashem
- Yardeni, M.
- Yaslowitz, Louis
- Yeshiva University
- Yiddish (Journal)
- YKUF ??? Yiddisher Kultur Farband (see above)
- YIVO Institute for Jewish Research
- Yochanan, Chaim
- Yolles, Ephraim
- Yosefi (Brunfeld), Dov
- ???The Young Musician???
- Yudell, A.
- Yungstor, Sarah
103. Letter ???Z??? (Zachary-Zionist)
Zwischo-Escuelas Sholem Aleichem
Zuckerkandel, Leon (*)
- Zachary, Israel
- Zeidman, Hillel
- Zeitlin, Briena
- Zeldes, Nachum
- Zicherman, Isaac
- Ziedes, L
- Zhitlowsky, Chaim (clippings on and published articles of Zhitlowsky)
- Zighelboim, Velvel
- Zilber, Menashe
- Zilberstein, Joseph
- Zrubavel (Archive and Musuem of the Jewish Labour Movement)
- Zuckerman, William
- Zuskin, Leon
- Zionist Organization of America