Maylene is responsible for developing and providing systematic review services for patrons, principally from the health sciences schools at Penn and the Penn Healthcare System. She also serves as the Clinical Liaison Librarian promoting evidence-based medicine information resources and services.
Before coming to Penn, Maylene was Clinical Reference Librarian at Quillen College of Medicine Library at East Tennessee State University, where she provided services for the clinicians at the point-of-care.
Prior to working in the library field, she had 10 years' experience in pharmaceuticals, working in China, Japan, and Canada. During that time, she commercialized several products in nutrition and agriculture. She earned a B.S. in Pharmaceutical Science from the Nanjing University of Chinese Traditional Medicine, and an M.A. in Library and Information Science from the University of Wisconsin—Madison.
Software category expertise:
- Bibliographic & research management
- Using specific resources
- Using specific resources: Databases & article indexes
- Data collection
- Data management
- Project management
Contact me about these services:
- Help with Article Retrieval for Systematic Review
- Qualitative analysis
- Research Services and Science and Business Libraries
- Data and Information Services (Biotech Commons)
- Collections and Scholarly Communications (division)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Libraries
- Biomedical research
- Medical Library Association
- Special Libraries Association