Adolph G. Rosengarten, Jr., a 1930 graduate of the Penn Law School, established the Rosengarten Reserve Room, now the Rosengarten Quiet Study Area, a vital service to undergraduates, in honor of his father, a member of the Class of 1892. Later he created the Rosengarten Computer Laboratory. (Although he claimed not to understand them, Dr. Rosengarten recognized the important role of computers and the need for students to access them.)
Dr. Rosengarten, Jr., capped a lifetime of devotion to the Penn Library with an extraordinary bequest: the $8.5 million Rosengarten Fund.
In establishing this trust, Dr. Rosengarten continued a family tradition of service and generosity to the University in general and the Library in particular. His mother, Christine Penrose Rosengarten, was a consistent supporter of the Library. Joseph Rosengarten, his uncle, served as Chair of the Library Committee early in this century and was also a generous donor.
Dr. Rosengarten was a lifelong scholar, loyal alumnus, and discerning philanthropist, who will be remembered for generations to come at the Penn Library.
About this space
The women's and men's bathrooms have one accessible bathroom stall each. The bathrooms are located off the Undergraduate Study Center and next to Mark's Café
See ground floor plan.