Services: ScholarlyCommons--Institutional Repository
What it is:
ScholarlyCommons (http://repository.upenn.edu/) is the University of Pennsylvania's open access institutional repository for gathering, indexing, storing, and making widely available the scholarly output of the Penn community. Reflecting the University of Pennsylvania's core values of inclusion, innovation, and impact, ScholarlyCommons shares the exceptional works of Penn faculty, staff, and students with a local, national, and global audience. Access to ScholarlyCommons is free to all.
How we can help:
ScholarlyCommons showcases and shares work created by the Penn community. As part of this mission, ScholarlyCommons offers three core services to the Penn community:
- Comprehensive permissions review and deposit of previously published materials (Penn faculty only);
- New journal publishing and access to archival content; and
- Penn projects in support of course work, research, teaching, and departmental activities.
ScholarlyCommons includes a variety of content produced by the Penn scholarly community and we host collections in support of the following four overlapping areas of focus:
- Unique, library-created materials drawn from Penn collections or Library programs, and materials originating in digital form deemed worthy of preservation.
- Distinctive works of Penn schools and centers, faculty, or students.
- Research articles, datasets, and related research outputs assembled to provide open access to Penn scholarship, comply with funder mandates, or foster collaborative research.
- Dissertations, Theses, and other degree completion research materials
- Inter-institutional collection partnerships that complement Penn collections and leverage scale or unique capabilities of Penn staff and production assets.
You can find out more here