About the Relaxation Room:
In October 2018, the Biomedical Library opened the Relaxation Room in the newly reopened Stemmler side of the library. The Relaxation Room is a quiet space intended for folks to take a break from studying and other stressful things. You are welcome to stretch on the yoga mats, do chair yoga, color, write positive thoughts, listen to soothing music, do a puzzle, squeeze a stress ball, and/or play with a fidget spinner! To learn more about this room, visit https://guides.library.upenn.edu/communityhealth/biomed.
Relaxation Room Policies:
- No reservations are needed to use the Relaxation Room.
- The room must remain unlocked with the door open.
- The room is intended only for relaxation. No studying, sleeping, or activities other than relaxation are permitted in the Relaxation Room.
- Please respect the rights of others in the room.
- Please remain silent and silence electronic devices.
- The posters have QR codes that link to relaxing sounds. If you choose to scan the QR to listen to relaxing sounds, please use your own device and headphones.
- Food and beverages are prohibited.
- Burning of any material, incense, or candles is prohibited.
- Room furnishings and supplies must remain in the room.
- Before leaving the room, please use disinfectant wipes on the yoga mats, cushions, and other objects you used.
- Before leaving the Relaxation Room, please open the Guest Book and let us know how long you were in the room along with what you did to relax. This information will help us better understand the usage of this room and how we can continue supporting it.
Yoga mats, soft cushions, coloring books, puzzles, stress balls, fidget spinners, and more!