Advance information equity by opening scholarship and resources to expansive audiences.
- Develop new partnerships, improve workflows, and expand interfaces to open Penn scholarship to local, national, and international constituencies.
- Partner in the creation of knowledge in the classroom using digital pedagogy, archival collections, and enhanced informational resources.
- Construct new learning, study, and event spaces to physically embody the Penn Libraries' work in engagement, preservation, and outreach.
Expand global impact through intentional and effective engagements with institutions, individuals, and communities.
- Embed librarians at critical points in the research and teaching life cycle at Penn to offer proactive and integrated provision of collections, expertise, and services.
- Enhance and expand our digital scholarship support and programming to foster learning and project creation across the Penn community.
- Convey our impact and promote our services in ways that inspire stakeholders to engage with us and invest in our future.
Ensure long-term access to and preservation of the scholarly and cultural record in all forms.
- Protect the integrity of the world's cultural heritage by building and safeguarding collections, with a focus on education, access, and resource-sharing.
- Pursue effective models for the preservation and stewardship of digital and material collections through expanded and updated digitization, print retention, and web archiving.
- Build collections for current research and pedagogical needs while actively contributing to the global scholarship of tomorrow.
Build the organization's capacity through ongoing assessment and development, informed by a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Invest in continuous learning and staff development to ensure the libraries’ value to the scholarly enterprise.
- Build technical, structural, and staff capacity to support a rapidly changing teaching, research, and learning landscape.
- Promote the value of diversity and diverse perspectives among staff.