Last updated: Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 2:47 PM
All Penn Libraries locations, including Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center, are closed until further notice. All in-person Libraries events are cancelled until further notice.
Teaching, research, and learning support
If you’re looking for support from a librarian, or if you need resources for remote teaching or research, we can help. Our Virtual Support page provides the information you’ll need to access our digital content, collaborate with research partners, and directly consult with librarians.
Latest Updates to Libraries Services
- Access to all physical materials has been suspended until further notice. Given current restrictions on staff access to Libraries locations and offsite storage, we’re unable to provide any access to our physical collections. We’re not able to Scan and Deliver texts or mail physical copies of books at this time. As most of our partner libraries are likewise closed, many interlibrary loan activities, including Borrow Direct and E-ZBorrow, have been suspended.
- All access to special and non-circulating physical collections has been suspended. This includes access to items held by the Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts.
- We are able to request and deliver electronic copies of articles and book chapters from our own and other collections. Please submit requests and we will do our best to obtain copies for you.
- Due dates for borrowed items, including Borrow Direct and other interlibrary loan items, will be extended. Late fees arising from COVID-19 campus restrictions will be waived. Although the book-drop is still open, the Libraries neither recommends nor requires that books be returned at this time.
Revisions to services were made with guidance from The University of Pennsylvania, city and state officials, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We will continue to re-assess and revise libraries operations and procedures as new events unfold. Updates will be posted on this page and on the Penn Libraries Twitter feed (@upennlib).
- Penn Libraries homepage
- Biomedical Library's guide on COVID-19
- The University's Coronavirus update page
- Penn’s Human Resources Coronavirus page
- Fact Sheet on Social Distancing (PDF)