The Adolph G. Rosengarten, Jr. Fund was established in 1990 through a bequest upon the death of Adolph G. Rosengarten, Jr., L'30, G'49, GR'75. The fund supports the acquisition of books and other instructional and educational media for the University Libraries.
In 1993, a portion of the original fund was used to establish the Rosengarten Family International Fund for the purchase of library materials in support of the University's international programs.
In establishing this trust, Dr. Rosengarten continued a family tradition of service and generosity to the University in general and the Libraries in particular. His mother, Christine Penrose Rosengarten, was a consistent supporter of the Libraries — establishing the Adolph G. Rosengarten Memorial Library Fund in 1960 in memory of her husband, class of 1892, for improvements to the University library. Joseph Rosengarten, his uncle, served as Chair of the Library Committee early in this century and was also a generous donor.