Introduction to Data Visualization
Manuel de la Cruz Gutierrez
Data visualizations are found everywhere! Join us on Oct 10 to learn how to make your own.
This event has already occurred
Join us and learn to:
- Identify the main design elements of a visualization: color, typography, titles, subtitles, annotations, dark/light contrast, and labels.
- Use these design elements to drive insights about your visualization (data storytelling)
- Learn how to prepare your visualizations for publication in various formats
- Explore tools for data visualizations
- Apply all of the above in your own visualization using Datawrapper
Graduate Students have priority for registration.
You may also want to review our Services for Authors guide.
Support for Publishing Workshops Fall 2022
This workshop is part of a series hosted by the Libraries in collaboration with the Grad Center at Penn. Each workshop focuses on an element of the publishing process. From September through November, tune in to live virtual sessions covering citation management, impact metrics, promoting your work, selecting the right publishing venue, fair use, and more. See the full suite of workshops to support you as you make progress toward your publishing goals. Check back as workshops are added to the list.