The main entrance to the Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center is now open. Van Pelt Library and the Fisher Fine Arts Library are currently open to Penn Card holders, Penn affiliates, and certain visitors. See our Service Alerts for details.

Established in 1949, the Albert C. Baugh Book Fund supports the acquisition of materials on Middle English, Anglo-Norman, and Anglo-Italian language and literature.

Medievalists and other historians use these acquisitions for study, teaching, and research. The Library Bibliographer hears regularly from faculty and students about how well they are served by the University of Pennsylvania Library's holdings in medieval English studies, and the Albert C. Baugh Book Fund is critical in making this possible.

Dr. Baugh, College, 1912; Ph.D. English, 1916; and Honorary Doctorate in 1961, Chaired the University of Pennsylvania Department of English, and received many accolades, including the Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching.

Dr. Baugh's scholarship is still much in use at the Penn Library—from his 1935 study of the history of the English language to his 1968 bibliography of Chaucer studies.