Directions to the Library at the Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies
The Library is located on the south side of Walnut Street between 4th and 5th Streets. Our building is right next door to the Rose Garden in the Historic District of Philadelphia.
By Public Transportation:
- The subway: Take the Market-Frankford El ("Blue Line") at 34th & Market Streets or 40th & Market Streets. Get off at the 5th Street exit. Exit towards the Tourist Information Center. Walk away from Market Street towards Chestnut and Walnut Streets. The Library is 2 1/2 blocks from the entrance/exit of the subway.
- By bus: Catch either the 42 or 21 bus on Chestnut Street. Take it to 5th Street. The Center is 1 1/2 blocks away.
- From the South (and airport): Take I-95 North to Exit 17 the Center City/Callowhill Rd exit. Turn left onto 4th Street. Walnut St. is the 6th red light on 4th Street.
- From the West and North: Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike to exit 24 (Valley Forge). Take I-76 East (Schuylkill Expressway) approximately 17 miles to exit I-676 (Vine Street Expressway). Take the Vine Street Expressway through town to exit 6 (directly after exit 8). Turn right onto 6th Street. Turn left onto Market Street (3rd light). Turn right onto 4th Street (2nd light).
- From the North: Take I-95 South to the Callowhill/Historic District Exit. Turn left onto 4th Street. Walnut St. is the 6th red light on 4th Street.
- Parking garage at 2nd and Walnut Streets
- Parking garage at 4th and Chestnut Streets
- Parking garage at 7th and Chestnut Streets
- Parking garage at 2nd and Lombard Streets
- Street parking, $2.00 per hour, kiosk only, with various time limitations