We launched a new website on August 15, 2022!
- If you have questions or feedback, or if you come across bugs, please note them using this form.
- Our old website will remain available for 30 days at old.library.upenn.edu.
Masks are optional, but recommended, in all Penn Libraries spaces.
- In accordance with the latest campus guidelines, masks are optional, but recommended, in all Penn Libraries spaces. Masking is always an option for anyone who chooses to wear a mask for any reason.
Most special collections are currently available by appointment only.
- The Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts offers on-site access to the Charles K. MacDonald Reading Room by appointment on weekdays between 10am and 4pm.
- Researchers may consult special collections onsite at the Museum Library and the Library at the Katz CAJS by appointment only. Hours will vary. For more information, please contact the Museum Library at firstname.lastname@example.org or Library at the Katz CAJS at email@example.com.
- Special collections in the Fisher Fine Arts Library are unavailable through August 2022. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Penn Libraries locations are now open to the Penn community and outside visitors.
Find each location’s daily hours and note the following details about access to library locations:
- Fisher Fine Arts Library: The Materials Library and Common Press are open to patrons by appointment.
- Kislak Center Reading Room: Open by appointment, Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm.
- Levy Dental Library: Open only to Penn Dental students.
- Veterinary: du Pont Library at the New Bolton Center: Open to Penn Vet staff and students 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Other Penn affiliates and members of the public can make arrangements for a visit by contacting the librarian.
- Looking for more information about regular library operations and services? Browse the basics in our Quick Start Guide, search the FAQ, or ask us a question.
Please note that the safety of our staff and our users is our top priority. All services are subject to change; revisions will be made as necessary with guidance from the University of Pennsylvania, city and state officials, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.