Collecting efforts in the field of education primarily support the teaching and research activities of the Graduate School of Education (GSE). GSE offers programs leading to the Master of Science in Education (M.S.Ed.), the Master of Science (M.S.), the Master of Philosophy in Education (M.Phil.Ed.), the Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.). As of Fall 2019, the total enrollment at PennGSE was 1715. This includes 1001 Master's, 101 Ph.D., 293 Ed.D, 197 non-degree, and 123 certificate students. There are numerous Research Centers affiliated with the Graduate School of Education.
The School is organized into six academic divisions.
Some specific program links include:
A significant number of students participate in these Executive Model Programs and only visit campus intermittently:
- Chief Learning Officer Program (PennCLO) (Ed.D.)
- Executive Program in School and Mental Health Counseling (M.S.Ed., Licensure)
- Executive Doctorate in Higher Education Management (Ed.D.)
- Education Entrepreneurship (M.S.Ed.)
- Independent School Teaching Residency
- Med Ed (Medical Education Program) (M.S.Ed., Certificate)
- Mid-Career Doctorate in Educational Leadership (Ed.D.)
- School Leadership (M.S.Ed., Principal Certification)
- Urban Teaching Residency Program (M.S.Ed., Certification)